Is this a disaster waiting to happen?

There is a guy I've been around for 6 years. We Work together an love to flirt with eachother. I'm in the process of switching jobs too by the way. I've seen him do some compleatly amazing things that Just tell me that he is a really great guy. I just find out he is going to rehab, so i reached out and we have gotten a whole lot closer. Last time i was with him, I don't know if it was the Alcohol talking, but he told me He wants to be with me And he has for a long time. I really like him as a person, and if he was ok, I'd be on that offer so fast, but he's going half way across the country to go to rehab For alcoholism, so i told him let's see what happens when you come back. I'm really confused and nervous though. Ideas?

• Don't do it!
  • Give him time to take care of himself
i really world like some perspective o. Things i should be wary of as well

What Guys Said 2

• You could give him a chance but make things very clear with him. If he doesn't get his act together, you should run ! Some people get really violent when they drink. Don't give him a chance to hurt you. Don't let his addiction drag you down the drain with him. On the other hand, you could very well be the olive branch that will help him out of it. You won't know if you don't try.

• Going to rehab for an addiction doesn't always mean that a person is damaged goods. In fact its far better to be with someone who is addressing their problem than not. If you really think you have feelings for him, then give him a chance. Let him go to rehab and like you said talk to him when he returns.

• I'm just nervous. I've dated guys with addiction problems before. I don't know if its something i am ready for it again

• If it doesn't feel right then go with your instincts. You're not obligating to dating him. But if you think you want to give him a chance after he returns from rehab then try it.

What Girls Said 0