Girls, Do you expect a guy to "fight for you"?

In terms of not letting you go so easily.. even if your "pushing" him away

20

Most Helpful Girl

• It really depends on the context. If we have been dating for 3+ years and things get a bit shaky. I want him to put effort in trying to fix it since i know i will. I won't give up on a relationship that easily if i put in so much time and effort in the first place. But if its really at the end of the relationship then i don't expect him to fight anymore. Example is if we start growing apart or career and life decisions are pulling us apart. I think it would be best to end it instead of one or both of us not being happy about sticking it out and resenting the other for keeping them away from a different (maybe better) life.

What Girls Said 19

• Not sure "fight for me" is the right term... but he sure as hell make a point of showing me he likes me and wants me around otherwise I don't know what the hell he thinks he's doing. Contrary to popular belief, women can't read minds. If he thinks he can just sit on his ass and I'll magically date him or that I'm the only one who needs to maintain the relationship then... sucks to suck 'cause I'd be out of there.

If I'm pushing someone away that means I don't want them around and they're not going to convince me otherwise.

• If our relationship had issues , i would expect him to fight to save it. If he didn't then i would assume he didn't truly want to be with me.

If a couple hits a rocky patch in their relationship , and they don't fight to stay together , then it shows there is nothing left worth fighting for. Obviously we would have to work at it together, a relationship is over if only one of them is fighting to keep it together.

• If I said it was over, no. If I was just going through depression and it was the world itself, yes. I've had to do this for my boyfriend when we started college. He was very, very depressed.

• Hahah it's funny that you call that a 'fight'
    'fight'=breaking down the walls that defend my comfort zone?

• The first thing I thought of was the Milan song a girl with fighting for.
    I don't think he needs to be punching guys out on my behalf or anything but obviously if we're having tough times I need to know that he thinks the relationship is worth enough to put in some effort.
    I don't know her scenario. If she's completely rehjecting you at every turn then maybe she doesn't want the relationship. If she just kind of has a wall up then keep trying

• Fighting just to fight would be annoying and a deal-breaker. I would only expect him to fight if it's a true self-defense purpose. For instance if someone is trying to rob us and means harms, then yes and I would happily join in the fight too.

I really hate petty fights that aren't done in total self-defense.

• If I were literally pushing a guy away and he's still coming back to drag or hurt me... that would also be self-defense if he fights.
      Now if it's just a jerk I'm telling off as if saying ''leave me alone'' and my potential boyfriend fights him, that would be annoying.

• If it was a serious or long term thing then yeah i would expect him to put up a fight and not let go easily

• Yes I do. I expect that if he really wants to be with me

• It depends on the situation. I personally would fight for a guy if I think he is worth it or the relationship is work being in anymore so I expect the same if he feels that way too.

• If we had a long term thing, yeah, I expect him to fight, but if it was short term, like a week or so, I would be annoyed.

• I don't expect it but its flattering when it happens.

• No, I do not! I have to say I don't know anyone who plays these games. In my experience, people who act like they don't want to be involved usually don't, and continuing to pursue is seen as an annoyance.

• I used to think men were like that (damn Disney princess movies!). The guys I've come across aren't like that so my view has changed.

• fighting for me to me is very important. i need reassurance so long hugs and clarification on things helps me not push the guy away/

• yes i do if is something i didn't do wrong!

• Yup, I'd expect him to do that. :P

• Yes, no question!

• yes of course

• if she is littearly pushing you away then yes. dont drug her and put her inn a bag and rape her