Girl I've been talking to is scared to get too close to me because of a horrible ex?

So I've been talking to this girl I met online for a total of around three months (we're both going to be sophomores in college). We live a bit far away during breaks, but we're within a half hour during the school year. Three weeks after we met (and a day before school for her ended), she told me she couldn't do long distance again, so we should just be friends.

Well, we started talking again three weeks ago, but a few days ago, she told me again that we should just be friends for now because she's incredibly stressed with a summer class and three jobs. Well today she told me the real reason she keeps doing this: she's scared to allow herself to get close to me because of her most recent ex, who was AWFUL to her. She told me that she's been trying to back away every time she felt we were getting too close, and that she's really sorry for making it seem like she's been ignoring me.

I really like this girl, and I want to show her that I would never do anything to hurt her. I know deep down inside that she wants to trust me and let herself get close to me, but her ex scarred her. What can I do to show her that I would never hurt her? Unfortunately, we cannot see each other for another month, so anything in person is out for now.

What Girls Said 1

• Give her time.

What Guys Said 0