Girls, Is a walk in some pretty woods too much for a first date?

After getting some casual food, is this a good idea or not?

17

Most Helpful Girl

• That sounds terrifying

• its like, a nice path with really pretty trees and a small river and really cool spots

any better ideas?

• Literally would have to drive like 20 mins minimum to even find a big store like that haha

we also have fast food and water bottles BANNED in my town. Like legally

• Wha? Hmm... then have a staring contest!

What Girls Said 16

• Yes if she trusts you... Hahaha

If my date whom I barely know suggests a walk in the woods... I'd be skeptical. Haha

• Do you guys already know each other fairly well? If not, I suggest keeping at least the first handful of dates in fairly public places. Women tend to be cautious when we are meeting new men... go for a walk in a public park or something instead.

• No! That is so, so sweet! It will give you both a chance to relax and get to know each other! Great idea!

• Can I just say, on the terrifying v. perfect divide, if it's a first date with someone who already knows you well enough to not worry you're an axe murdered, walk in the woods sounds perfect to me. I've done that a bunch of times. If you can keep up with me on a strenuous hike, all the better! If it's really the first I'm getting to know you, then, yeah, my safety triggers tell me to do something in a more public place.

• That's scary. For a first date? Alone in the woods? No.

• Not at all. I'd prefer that over a movie and some lame Applebee's. Hahaha! It shows a more fun and playful side to who you are. And allows both of you to be comfortable!

• I dont know if id feel comfortable going for a walk in the woods with a guy i barely know

• i know her from school but graduated over a year ago

• First date ideas are always so iffy. It always depends on the girl.

But personally, I think that'd be really cute and nice. I would like that, if that were me. Food and a hike? Beautiful.

• I think it is, I went camping with one of my girlfriends pretty soon after we started dating, although that's very different. I think the walk would be romantic, and a good opportunity to get to know each other better.

• Me = International hiker + trekker + technical mountaineer + overall fitness freak

A date in the woods = IDEAL + TOTALLY AWESOME x 10000000000000000!!! :)

• half in half so far, ill probably see what happens :)

• I mean i think if we grab some casual food and I just ask "wanna go for a walk" she's not lazy enough to be like "no" for sake of fitness

I mean hell im not fit but i can handle a walk in the park ahah...

I honestly just don't know what else we could casually do that provides an opening for privacy/a move

• (laughing)
      I immediately thought of an all day mountain hike when answering your question which is MY passion.
      Apologies xo

• I would probably have s panic attacking. First date take her into creepy dark woods where your alone and barely know the guy. It's a nice thought, but maybe not until a month or two of dating.

• Well I'd personally love that but the girl might freak out and assume that you plan to do some things to her in those woods.

• Personally, I love forests, so I think it would be awesome.

• No that's scary

• It matters what kind of girl she is. Ex. sporty, girly, goth, tomboy etc.

• artsy so eehhhhh... not going to an art gallery tho im artsy too

• Sounds good to me...