How would you feel if your child brought home someone of a different race or ethnicity?

Does gender change things? would you feel differently if your daughter were to be in an interracial relationship as opposed to your son? and vice versa? What if they married?

Most Helpful Guy

• I absolutely wouldn't care so long as my child is happy and whoever they bring home is good to them (especially to my daughter). And besides, there's a good chance they may be the result of a interracial relationship, so I couldn't talk if that was the case.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd be fine with both of those situations. As long as they are happy and their partner is a good person. That's all I care about. I married a guy who is the same race as I am (white) but we are from different ethnic backgrounds and he's from a different country.

What Guys Said 5

• OMG I HAVE A CHILD? I HAD NO CLUE! THIS IS SHOCKING!

• What? You don't remember. You knocked up that girl while you were on vacation. Don't tell me you forgot. Lmao

• I would be totally fine with it, as I am mixed myself

• I don't have any children, but if I did, interracial wouldn't bother me. Having a kid who was gay would be worse for me to deal with. Even though it's their life and I don't care about other people being gay or gay marriage being legal. I think when it's your kid, it hits home a bit more and would be a bit more personal rather than someone you don't know or care about.

• I am not racist but i wouldn't allow it happen

• I'd ask if they only date that race or not.

What Girls Said 7

• i only care that they bring someone that makes them happy and keeps them safe.

race, gender, sex, ethnicity, etc dont matter.

• To me it doesn't matter. They can love who they want to love.

• Considering I'm mixed, It wouldn't bother me haha. I would be a hypocrite.

• I don't really mind as long as my child is happy i'm happy. I have no problem with interracial relationships if anything I encourage them.

• I wouldn't care. That's a stupid thing to still care for. It's 2015 who gives a damn?

• I would prefer to keep my bloodline Italian only. And don't get me started on them bringing home someone of their own sex.

• I do that all the time and my parents don't like it but it is what it is. I personally wouldn't mind.