Would you date someone who has kids?

If no, why not?

• Yes
  • No
What if you don't have to take care of the kid? He/she lives with the other parent.
Yes if I really love him.

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends. I would take a look at the relationship he has with the kid first. If he was there for his kid as much as he could be then yes I would probably date him. I respect men who are supportive of their children and the girls who birthed the kids. If the guy decided on his own to not be a part of the kid's life, then I wouldn't date him.

What Guys Said 30

• Of course I would date someone with kids. However I don't want to be with someone who has 4 kids with three different guys or something similar to that. But kids from a single relationship is not an issue for me.

• It's her I'm dating, and kids are part of her family. I wouldn't turn someone down because they have siblings or parents, so I wouldn't do that if they had kids either.

• Probably not only because I don't want kids until I have to have them lol.. That's like what I'd want to do after I'm done having fun in life and want my life to be tied down and settled forever. *shivers*

• I would. If the kid be's snarky to me I can just say "well I fucked your mother" lol

• I wouldn't mind taking care of the kid, I'd mind coping with the ex and his mom.
    I'd mind if the kid was less than say 4 years away from puberty.

• No. Just, no.

1. You'll never be number one in that person's life, always number two. That's how marriages fail down the road, and it almost killed my parent's marriage--that my mom put my sister over my dad.

2. Who wants a reminder of someone's past lover around?

3. Women literally have male DNA in them from past lovers and children. It's called male microchimerism. Google it.

4. I wouldn't date a divorced woman, and if a girl was not smart enough to avoid becoming a single mother, nor would I want to deal with her.

• Date? I suppose I would. However, marriage is a different story. That's drama that I don't need in my life. You may say that you are mutually friendly with the father of your child, but that doesn't mean it will remain that way for the rest of your life.

• Yes I would, but only if I knew that person for a long time before kids/I was older and experienced enough childless women to fit my quota.

I personally love kid like crazy; I'd be able to fuck their mom and then play hide and seek with them. The only reason I'd need to know the bitch for awhile first, at least at this age, is because I'm not about to become her child's daddy or be expected to provide like I was.

• sorry but no. i want my own kids or no kids.

• No. As to your follow up, that turns it into a hell no! A woman that won't even care for her child is horrible... I won't even date girls that say they don't like kids, even though I'm in no rush to have a kid.

• I once... or rather twice... dated the same girl who happens to be fucking gorgeous and has a girl about 5 years old now. I just felt guilty especially because she was so decent to boot... but my mom saw the baby seat in her car, I just felt guilty about the whole situation... in the end I definitely regretted it just because she was such a lady and beautiful, she loved me... I just couldn't.. I felt like lesser or something about it, maybe because it's instinctive?

• I don't want to be someone's second priority. Women with kids will always care more about them, which is natural. If I had kids with a woman, at least both of us would care more about the children.

• No because I deserve better than that

• If they were my kids, sure

Not raising another man's children for him though.

• No, because I know the kids would always come before me, which is how it should be anyways. Plus I wouldn't love them. I might want my own kids some day.

• Maybe if was just one. Not a whole clan or something

• Nope cause i want kids of my own & not someone else's

• no, i wouldn't.

• Yeah I like kids why not

• That's really something I don't see myself ever doing. I see that as baggage, a negative. With all the great women around who don't have kids, why would I date one who does?

• Not right now. I'd rather date someone who is a better judge of character to date someone have a child with them and then break up. Of course, I'm thinking about someone my age. If I were in my 30s-40s I probably would.

• I'm too young and broke to take care of your kids.

• Nope. I don't want to raise someone else's kids.

• No its too much baggage

• I hate kids, so no.

• No never I hate kids.

• No, I learned my lesson..

• In my experience, it can be a trap. The reality is that if you date someone with kids, this is the order of priority of the other person in most cases: the kids come first, the other person (parent) comes second, and you come last... and that's on a good day! If it's a bad day, then you're fucked. You could end up alone and given no credit for all you did to contribute to her/his family.

• It would definitely be a big minus but not an insuperable one. As a practical matter I always had lots of attractive women without kids interested in me so I never did.

• no, im a damn virgin. i can't get someone with kids. i wanna make kids with my own virgin wife. not that i will find one at my age... .

What Girls Said 25

• No, I don't think I would, just being honest. At this point in my life, I'm not ready for children so I feel like someone who does have kids would be at a different stage of life than me and I'm not ready for that. I also would not want to be involved because from what I've noticed, single men who have kids at my age typically have drama with the mother of their child so, that's not a situation I would want to put myself in.

• Yes, because I have a kid of my own.

Before I ever had my child I did date a man with a kid.
    We weren't together seriously so it never mattered to me.

However, If I were at the point in my life where I was looking to settle down (and had no kids of my own), I would take into account this.
    How much I care for the man would determine whether I would date him or not.
    Also, I would have to make sure there is no baby mama drama on his side before I proceed.

• I don't think so, unless I had my own children, which I don't (and I'm hoping I won't for a long time).

• at my age people are popping or kids all over the place and i find that irresponsible and i want to have nothing to do with having kids for quite a few years yet, i know its shallow but i'd probably think they were poor at making important decisions and steer clear BUT if i was in my 30s for example where i would be more emotionally mature and financally stable i would date someone with kids and help them out anyway i could

• At this point if you ask hypothetically, i would say no.
    But it is life. You can not be sure of your decisions 100%
    It can happen but I do not prefer to be honest.
    I believe it is very gentle postion to be someone's step mother. And I do not think I am ready for it. Kids will be always part of their life. It would not be easy to live like that.

• I am dating someone now with kids, granted one is an adult and the other is 16 years old and he does not live with his father. If he is a responsible, loving and mature man who cares about his children I would date him. If he is a deadbeat dad, no. That would be a deal breaker.

• No, because I do not want kids myself, so they simply would not fit my lifestyle or my vision for my future.

• I don't like/want kids and I wouldn't want to be involved, even if I didn't have to take care of them. I want to develop a relationship with someone who doesn't want/like children and never have them.

• No. I'm not ready for that responsibility.

• I'm not in a position in my life currently where I can handle children.

• No cuz I wouldn't want a constant reminder of the fact that he's been with another woman and most of the time, the kids come first, the mother of the kids will always have influence over him in some way and be around a lot more than likely.
    I'd want a guy with no kids cuz I'd want to be the only woman in his life, his first priority cuz I'd make him mine, and if we decided to have kids, I'd want them to be ours.

• I tried dating a man with a son but I feel like at a young age, its too much pressure to be expected to be a parental figure while you're still trying to create your future and figure out who you are. For some people its perfectly ok, even a great experience. But its not for everyone. However if I was older, I don't see it being a huge deal breaker

• Yes I would, I've learned that 90 percent of people my age has kids now of days

Plus I wouldn't turn down a cool person
    I like, just because he or she had kids.

• I think it depends on how old I am. If I met a guy with a kid now I wouldn't be open to it, but maybe in 10 years or so I would be

• No, because I'm not 100% that I even want kids of my own, so why would I want someone else's?

• I currently like someone who has kids, but I think its more important how you guys feel about eachother... if there's chemistry and its serious I don't see why not...

• Sure, I would. I love kids. But what if his children doesn't like me? :/

• I have before. But you fall in love with the kids, & makes things complicated.

• Yes i would 😊

• Nope, I'm still a kid myself lol.

• No. I never wanna have kids myself

• I said no; I don't want kids, so I'm not going to date someone with kids.

• No, it's too much work.

• Yeah but it wouldn't be serious

• If dating only yeah. But when it comes to serious stuff like marriage, I'd probably think twice. I haven't really met one with kids so I don't really know. I might change my mind in actuality and accept it regardless.