Why am I so damaged?

23 and still empty inside, never dated, never had sex, life seems empty to me... i feel lifeless and i can't seem to make decisions. I have been like this since i was 12, something happened that made me literally feel dead inside and 10 years later i still can't get past it... why?

Most Helpful Guy

• You buried your pain so much that it consumed you

Most Helpful Girl

• Hey, I'm turning 22 and I have never had sex (asexual; don't want to), found dating a frankly horrifying experience, and have difficulty seeing the meaning of life sometimes. You are not alone!

On a more serious note, I have needed psychological help in the past and was told that I was suffering from depression, as well as PTSD from an incident from my childhood. I was told this is completely normal, even if I thought at the time that I was "over" the incident and that it wasn't major. I think you might want to consider speaking to a professional, it might help! I wasn't expecting it to help me but it did.

Good luck, I hope you feel better soon :)

What Guys Said 9

• I'm kinda the same except I'm 22 not 23 :/

I don't know if I feel dead but just that I feel like I just go with the flow. I live because I have to, not because life is really interesting or enjoyable.

• I am sorry. Set goals for yourself and do whatever it takes to achieve them. Go out and be social. Maybe seek therapy because I hear depression talking.

• Because you prefer to wallow in self-pity instead of taking responsibility for your life.

Here is the harsh truth though: Why would someone love you if you can't even love yourself?

• I'm 21 and I too have never been on a date, and I don't plan to have sex until I'm married. Are you worried that your decisions wouldn't be the best? Our decisions aren't guaranteed to be bulletproof, but we make them; there's nothing to lose if we make them. Also, you're not lifeless. Have you tried focusing on things in life that you like?

• what was that something?

• I felt the same way when Biggie died.

RIP Notorious B. I. G

• That's pathetic you gotta move on with life and forget about whatever traumatic experience you had. You could also move around positive and lively people to see you through

• Because you did not let it go, you are still thinking about it, you did not move on.

• Life is more than relationships and sex.

The problem might be your focus, desires, and/or goals.

What Girls Said 1

• Goodness, I had the same feeling since I was 13 (close enough to 12).
    I suggest you start over, if you know what I mean.
    New job, new country, etc..