I'm seventeen and have no desire whatsoever to have a boyfriend or girlfriend. Is there something wrong with me?

I had a brief boyfriend for a bout three months about two years ago, but we ended up friendzoning each other and ended the relationship peacefully. I'm also friends with a bunch of guys, so I'm wondering if that might contribute anything to not really wanting a boyfriend or girlfriend. I just want a little advice, as I feel it's a bit confusing trying to explain why I don't want to have a relationship like that.

Most Helpful Guy

• You're only 17 so don't feel rushed to figure out what your sexuality is. Some people physically mature at a slower pace. Take your time figuring yourself out because it can be a journey for everyone.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, it's not weird. I want a to have a boy to cuddle with and stuff (but that's what my guy friends are for). I only cuddle with the ones I'm closest to and it's totally platonic cuddling (at least on my part). I am a commitmentphobe so I don't like relationships and would prefer to stay out of one. I hate labels. It's too much pressure. Most of my friends are guys so it's basically like having a boyfriend without the sexual stuff. I love them and all, but only platonically. I'm sort of done with relationships myself. :/

Nothing is wrong with you. Not every teen wants a relationship. (my age is incorrect on here - I'm the same age as you). I just want to be single for a while.

What Guys Said 1

• No, there is nothing wrong with you.. sometimes your better off waiting to get a boyfriend/ girlfriend

What Girls Said 3

• Nothing wrong with you at all. I'm 23 and I can't recall a time in my life where I desired commitment.

• That's normal. Some people just don't want relationships. Some people are asexual.

• Bruh I'm the same way lol. There's nothing wrong with you, relationships are overrated af.