Would you date someone if you hate their best friend?

So, dating my girlfriend for about 10 months. I absolutely hate her best friend. Pretty much the only girl she hangs out with. This wasn't an issue at first because she lived out of town, but now recently divorced she is back in town.

There are many valid reasons for me hating this girl, that's right girl not a woman:

- the first time I met her, she smoked the last of my weed while i was sleeping in the other room (after smoking almost all of it with her)
- I then gave her another chance, she asked to buy some from me. I gave her a bit with the understanding that she would leave money for it when they went out. She took the weed, didn't leave any money, and only paid me back 3 weeks later cause my girlfriend kept bugging her about it.
- she tried to get my girlfriend to cheat on me with her and another guy. My girlfriend told her no.
- I literally have never heard her talk about anything other than guys... Mostly she just talks about a new dude she is sleeping with basically everyday (disgusting).
- She has a child, doesn't work, doesn't pay rent, and makes her parents take care of him. I have never even seen this kid who is autistic by the way. She also spends all of the money her ex-husband gives her to raise the child, on going out and getting messed up.
- She makes everything about herself. When we go out, she makes my girlfriend sit in the back seat with her, so I look like their driver. Then they get drunk, start arguing, and then make up like nothing happened. I'm sober for all of this... :( We also have to go somewhere with guys at all times, or she won't want to go.

As you can see, she is the single greatest peice of shit I have ever met in my life. I'm just wondering if her having friends like this is a huge red flag. I know it's not fair to her, but I will simply not be friends with this girl, and she is a terrible influence on my girlfriend who has a drinking problem.

What should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's hard to say. Have you ever talked to your girlfriend about her best friend? If you haven't, I would recommend it. If she's defensive about it and stands up for her friend, that's not a good sign, because it would mean she sees her friend's behavior as appropriate and acceptable when it is not. If she isn't like that about it, and sort of agreed with your and your points, there's a possibility she's been having the same thoughts but doesn't know how to end the friendship. I've had that problem before--the girl who right now calls me her best friend is someone I would rather not be friends with, but I don't know how to say that.

If you talk to her about these issues that are bothering you with her best friend and she condones her friend's behavior despite the effect it is having on you and her, I would break up. But if she's with you on this friend not being good for either of you, you can work together and find a plan to end the friendship without minimal negative consequences.

What Girls Said 2

• just talk straight with you girlfriend.. tell her you find her friend obnoxious... talking it out clearly always gives some results... you won't be soo bothered... all the best :)

• I would still date them.

What Guys Said 0