Is it bad to like or date a guy that is 9 years younger than me?

I'm currently 27 approaching 28. I have known this guy since he was a kid. He just turned 19. I've always kept in contact with him and his family over the years. Well within the past few weeks it's just been him and I chatting with the occasional visit to his family's house to see them. We've hung out 3 times alone just as friends and he expressed that he had developed a crush on me and I told him that I had felt the same. I know these days it has seemed not to be a big deal with age differences and an older woman dating younger men is kinda starting to be normal, but from what I've seen they are people that have met at a later date in their lives. So I need honest answers.

• It's no big deal
  • It's awkward but if you like him, try it out.
  • Way too big of an age difference
  • No, just plain no...

Most Helpful Guy

• If you two like each other, date

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't see why it's a bad things. I've seen people who date those who are 10-30 years older than them.

What Guys Said 5

• It really isn't a big deal. One of my friends, she dated a man who was 15 years her senior, he is the father of her baby. Unfortunately financial circumstances forced them apart. She had to move back in with her family, her family absolutely despises him and would not allow him to live there too. So he had to move out of state and lives with his mother on the Air Force base now. Wow... Not the story you probably were expecting huh?

• The awkward thing is not the age difference as such but the fact that you as an adult knew him when he was still a child.

But, that said, go for it. Just don't build your hopes up about long-term possibilities.

• It's really up to you. I know grandparents who had that big of an age difference. If you like each other, great. Otherwise, it's really best to date someone closer to your own age.

• Nope, I prefer older women and have dated women who were about 8 or 9 years older than me.

• If that's what you like...

What Girls Said 0