Should I be concerned about my boyfriend and this other girl?

Let me tell you what I have found out about my boyfriend today. I went through his phone and saw he had been texting this other girl. She obviously likes him but she's trying to just be friends as a girl I know she's not cheating. I'm not worried about her.. but my boyfriend on the other hand. . . Has told her he would go on a vacation with her and her child.. she said no because she's not comfortable doing that if I'm with him. I applaud her for that. Then he tells her that he wanted and loved her in high school... the feeling that he said that with wasn't just like it was a fling it's almost like he could just be with her now and feel the same as he did about her in high school. She was talking about how she would look bad for work if she didn't get this hair stuff and he responded you will always be beautiful... THATS NOT SOMETHING YOU SAY TO ANOTHER GIRL IF YOU DON'T LIKE HER IS IT? Then earlier today he was saying hey I won't be able to text you im on break now and I'll be at work late. She said that's fine works more important than texting me. . . The women is trying to be friendly and I feel bad for her it's like my boy is begging her to be around him and he even wanted her to come see him on break one day.. she said no. Her thing is she don't wanna hang out with him if he is in a relationship with me. Is my boyfriend just being friendly toward her because they haven't been texting a really long time but they have been friends for a long time... should I be concerned aboout him and he had mentioned none of this to me.. and when we she said well what would your girlfriend think he said oh she'll be chill about it. Like hell I would. My thought Is though if he really had feelings for her he would dump me and just go with her? So maybe he is just being friendly?

Should I consider breaking up with him over this?

Most Helpful Guy

• We never seem to have the complete story when things are going on with other people. First, when a guy is texting another girl like that, when he has a girlfriend, that is bad news for everyone. So, everything I'm about to write, just know it comes from my one opinion who is a guy. But this whole situation makes me feel like he's holding on to you until this girl decides to go out with him, then he'll dump you because he has who he really wants. The other possibility is that he's bored and wants something interesting to happen. Any ways I look at this situation, I can't see anything good about it. Now, having said that, confronting him about it will only make you look like the bad guy since you invaded his privacy, so this can play out a lot of different ways. And how you want it to work out entirely depends on what you want. Do you want a guy whose sneaking behind your back trying to go out with someone else? Are you alright taking the chance he's putting you second cause he clearly has a first? I know you love and care about him, but you will always be more important. Not saying that rudely, but you can't help anyone if you yourself are drowning.
    Now, the slim possibility that your less than a percent chance he is being friendly still has the same outcome that you need to talk to him about it. Communication in a relationship is paramount and how he reacts can show you how important this is to him, or unimportant. Let me know how it works out (I'm hoping it ends good for you)

What Guys Said 1

• You need to find more about this. First you have broken the trust between the two of you because you have been snooping on his phone. She sort of seems like she wants no relationship with him, but that doesn't stop him from inviting her and the kid on a vacation together, its creepy. Breaking up would be on the radar. You're only 20, you got plenty of time to find a guy who wants to go on vacation with you!

What Girls Said 4

• Because he wants to have his cake and eat it too, I applaud that girl for having respect and for you too, it's quite annoying how he seems to be begging for attention. It's like the more she says no, the more he pushes her and asks her. Why is he doing this when he has you, it's completely ridiculous and I wouldn't have any of it.

• To me it kind of sounds like he does like you. But now that she has entered the picture hs may just be trying to figure his feelings out. And if she has a kid and is still saying all this yes personally I would be a bit concerned it takes a special man to feel that way about a women who has a kid... but that also means you lucked up on a great man. He may just always have feelings for her.

• I remember your post about the vacation. I thought that was shady as hell, and I think all this stuff is too.

• Don't worry about it.