My boyfriend ignores me when I'm sick or on my period?

I don't know why he does this. Whenever he's sick I always take care of him by cooking for him, making sure he has medicine etc yet when I'm sick or even when I get my period he flat out ignores me. I don't want him to get me the moon or anything but even just a nice 'I'm sorry that sucks' text would be nice

Most Helpful Guy

• He knows he doesn't have a shot at getting laid those days so he doesn't put on the act. I would call him out on it. Unless he has some phobia of germs he should be there for you just like you are for him.

• exactly what I was going to say.

• Do you have sex every time you see him? I agree with above sounds like he might not be in it for a relationship. The sick thing okay I get it a little but if he disappears for 5 days because sex is off the table that's red flag. He should want to spend time with you regardless.

What Guys Said 6

• Maybe he's just not like that...
    Are there things that he does for you and that you don't do for him?
    Maybe he pays you back another way?
    If you really want something from him, you should ask him though. Maybe he just didn't realize?

• huh... thats not a great sign,, i think you should just talk to him about it, i mean on ur period, for me I've been told to stay away from my friends, but seeing how u take care of him, thats just not right. i mean u can't expect him to skip work but still...,

best thing to do isadress ur concerns especially next time ur sick.

• You should introduce him to the world of period sex. Women are typically hornier then and also cures menstrual cramps and powerful orgasms. Period sex is the best sex ever.

• he should be bring over ice cream and cranberry juices. What will happen when you live together, "hey I'll be at a hotel for the week". Fix this or have sex on your period he'll stay in contact then.

• Sorry to hear about it. For some reason I (being a male) am kind of the same way; at least about the period thing. It's like for that week I know you (the female) are going to be temperamental, uncomfortable and just generally abrasive so I tend to disengage to avoid saying/doing something wrong. As for the ignoring you when your sick; that's kind of a shitty thing to do. When someone is sick I'll take care of them or whatever their needs are no questions asked. If he's ignoring you that's just kind of a douchebag thing to do. Not sure what you can do about it aside form talking to him and/or looking for someone who will treat you better.

• Guys have a hard time knowing how to act or even know what to say when they find out their lady is at that time of the month. So ignoring you is just a way of not taking on too much. The same goes for someone being sick. Guys aren't as nurturing as women (trying not to generalize) but try not to take it personal when a guy doesn't want to be around you when you're sick. This could be from his upbringing or just fear of also getting sick.

What Girls Said 3

• Have you told him this?
    I'm sure if you told him that you would like him there for you he would most likely do it. Maybe he keeps his distance during your period because we can all get really moody and angry easily, and he doesn't wanna upset you.

• i think being caring doesn't form part of his personality

• Don't let him do that to you, try talking to him about it. He should be there for you just like you're there for him