Girls, would you be able to date a guy who has trouble with anxiety?

By this what I mean is with my former relationship.
I had an awful time before, I liked a girl for a long time but never got the guts to ask and she was asked out by a buddy. Turns out she liked me for a time but it was a waste for most of the time. But turns out I had a diamond in the rough the whole time, a girl I talked to every day we always messed around in algerbra and I never really nticed her as somebody I would date. It only took me like 4 monthes but I finally managed to ask her out and she said "yes" (quotes because complications but we were dating and the complications are irrevelent) long story short she was a large sorce of my happy and I am young but I really liked her. She did things normal for a relationship she never held my hand or tried to kiss me because she knew how unbeliavbly stressed I am. But she had invited me to have dinner with her family and to go to her church, and on the way to her dying grandfathers house in Canada I was the nice guy and broke up with her I was just too stressed to do things with her and talking to her was kinda hard as well. She was very nice about it we still talk every day we have nicknames and everything and I asked her out again was able to go to her church... once.. she said that syhe doesn't kno if she likes me anymore but still..
So, Girls can you date a guy not able to do the things they should?

8

Most Helpful Girl

• I dated a guy with anxiety and depression before. It sucked. He was never there when I needed him and I got so sick of being there when he needed me, which was 8 days a week. I loved him bit I just couldn't handle all of the shit he put me through. Eventually it pushed me back into the depression. I had recovered from a few years earlier (I'm on meds again) and I dumped him. So no. I wouldn't date an overly anxious guy ever again

• Wow I'm really sorry, that really stinks. I don't have depression I'm normally really happy always a class clown its just that in a relationship I can hardly do what a relationship dictates you do.

• I have only held once in a r3elationip for like 2 seconds than I had to pull away. I am kinda able to hug. Kissing is something I never really have dealt with, but the idea is kinda scary, going places with them I UST recently tried to do and it was okay (granted she was just my friend) just the basics.

What Girls Said 7

• Yeah, I would try. I've had issues with anxiety before and my current boyfriend is now recovering from an eating disorder so it's not like I'm only dating easy rides :P Obviously, if the relationship is stressing me out and giving me anxiety too or if I'm not happy, I'm not going to stay in the relationship, but I'd at least give dating you a good go.

• Oh Thanks! I'm sorry for you two, but that's perfect two people that both needed to be in a slow thing finding each other. Thanks for your input!

• Depends. How often and is it like PTSD from the war? Cause I would be cool with that. I can understand it. I guess I would need to know the trigger and what u think is the cause. But I typically need a strong man that is easy going nothing bothers him. He can't complain whine or stress. It also depends on the whole package

• Its anytime I around or talking to a girl and very specifically if I like them. Basically I'm like a child mindset and I get really anxious around them, like slowing my personality from the class clown funny person to a quiet person. Yeah, definitely not me, I'm easy going I just get really stressed, and not the prettiest in the world either. Haha thanks though

• Wait, you dumped her when she was on. her way to see her dying grandpa... don't you think that's a little harsh. I wouldn't mind dating a guy with anxiety. I deal with that everyday and it's a struggle.

• Yeah, I didn't know until after the fact. Like truth I feel bad

• Oh my bad... I didn't know. Are you not into her anymore?

• I definitely would! I've dealt with stress and depression for 4-5 months and I'm still recovering from it. It would probably be a slap in the face for me if the guy I'm dating who has trouble with anxiety isn't upfront about it, but I'd find a way to deal with it and help him in the end.

• Of course :) everybody got problems

• True that, haha Thanks!

• Yes I would. But I would like him to explain what causes it and how I could help

• If you really have a lot trouble with stress and anxiety then maybe you should try talking to a school counselor or an adult you trust. I did too and they got me some help. I spent 2 years in therapy but it was well worth it. I just think you might need some help figuring out why you're always to stressed and helping you relax more.