Do you think it's racist if a person prefers pale skinned women/men in dating?

If someone only dates pale skinned people because they think it's the only attractive skin tone is that racist? I'm not saying they refuse to have friends of multiple races and skin colors, but they simply refuse to date anyone who has dark skin.
I personally just wouldn't want to date, marry or even sleep with someone who has dark skin because I find it unattractive. I have no problem with being friends with a dark skinned person as a friend.

• Yes you're racist
  • No it's just a preference.

Most Helpful Girl

• Racism- the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

No, that is not racist. Just the same how my being the most attracted to Asian guys versus guys from any other race. I have nothing against others, my preference just happens to be towards Asians.

Most Helpful Guy

• Can people stop with these "is it racist to date this race?" questions. No it's not. You are free to prefer anyone you like.

What Girls Said 5

• I'd consider it just normal if you were attracted to both white women and dark skin women, the same way I'd consider liking brunettes over blondes normal. However, if you exclusively won't date anyone apart from white, then I'd start to consider it racist, especially if it was only one race that you wouldn't date.

• I'm not saying only one race, I'm saying only one skin tone. If it was possible for an African American woman to have pale skin I would consider dating her.

• Black women can have pale skin. In that case, I think it's just a preference.

• Not at all. Everyone has their own preference. I mean looks should just be a bonus for EVERYONE, but there's shallow people just like there's awesome people, so you can't have it both ways. I'd date a black man, a white man, an Asian man, etc based on his personality.
    But once again, thats what they're attracted to, they can't help it. Not racist one bit.

• its just your preference

• no that's just a preference you can date who ever u wanna date for me I like allstrailan guys and Canadian and British guys

• it's just a preference... some people like fat people and some people don't... you can't force attraction.

What Guys Said 5

• It's just one of many attributes of a person that you prefer.

Guy A prefers short, chubby, short dark hair, brown eyes, pale skin

Guy B prefers tall, skinny, long fair hair, green eyes, dark skin

It has nothing to do with race, so please don't think it is.

Guy A may have a bestie that's dark skinned. I think some people imply racism where it doesn't exist!

• Racist is a big word, but I mean, It's kind of strange, isn't it?

• Nope it's just a preference.

• No bc pale skin isn't a race

• It's just a preference. I don't really want to date black girls, but I'm not racist.