What's your opinion on a 14 year old and a 16 year old going out?

There's this guy who I've met online. He's 16, soon to be 17 in 3 months. I'm turning 15 in April but anyways, we've both talked a lot to each other, we don't plan to meet up or anything until we're older as he lives in the US and I'm in the UK and we've both admitted to eachother that we like eachother. What's your opinion on an online relationship between us? I know that it probably won't last as it would be long distance but still, I'd like to hear some other opinions.

Most Helpful Guy

• Carry on! You are doing nothing wrong in any way. You are just two people who like each other talking on-line. Nothing wrong at all!!

Don't get involved with sending naughty pics, you probably won't anyway, but I know some girls do and then regret it.

I met my lady here on GAG. We've been together over 3 months now. There's no reason why your friendship can't last forever.

What Guys Said 7

• Harmless and not a big deal.

• There was a lot of it at my school, a lot further apart than your scenario. I remember a year 11 was in a relationship with a year 7 for over a year (he was literally 4 times the size of her).

• In our modern society, both are way too young to even be dating, imao

• I say go for it. It's really not that big of a gap

• Not much of an age difference, I don't care.

• You both are little, enjoy.

• i thnk age does not matter in online dating as you both are interested

What Girls Said 5

• I think it would work out if you were here in the USA, in the same state as him or near him, but no way in hell online. Too young for it to work online, it sounds ridiculous.

• I've sort of been in the same position as you. I meet a guy over the internet who's 17 and I'm 15 and we have a really great connection. I think even though it might seem and sound weird now, in like 10 years it won't make a difference. 2 years is not that big of an age gap so its not really that big of a deal. They're are people out there with a much bigger age gap so don't even worry about. If you guys really like each other then it shouldn't matter what others think.

• That's too much of an age gap in my opinion

• It's cute :3

• i dont care.