Girls, if a guy wanted to cook for you on a first date would you be up for it or no and why?

• yes
    72% (33)
  • no
    11% (5)
  • kinda intrigued
    17% (8)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

23

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on how long I have known him. Since I tend to befriend the men I want to date before I actually go out with them, I would be down for that. However, if for whatever reason this is some guy I just met, no I would not because I would not be comfortable going to his house right off the bat.

What Girls Said 22

• Only if spur of the moment idea that made the remainder of the plans that night work better. First dates to me are exciting places away from home, conducive to conversations and dancing. Even this light/heavy distraction is too much. Same goes for sailing - there can be captains & crew later on (with roles reversing), but only equals when first dating.

• It's a nice idea. But not for me. My boyfriend and I have cooking dates where he cooks and those are awesome. But I'm a super picky eater and gluten intolerant so I wouldn't feel comfortable having him cook on the first date.

• She would assume it is a reason to get her to your house. Make a picnic. Make the food but take the food somewhere else like a music festival. Art in the park. That way she sees more of you than your house and she enjoys the food and the romance if the setting where it is airy and free. No stress

• Only if I know him well enough to not be scared by going to his house alone (and possibly end up a skin suit or the meal for his next date).

• No because if he were to cook I would have to go to his place. A first date should be somewhere neutral. Also if I went to his place, he may assume he is getting lucky.

• No, only because that would mean I'd be at his place and I wouldn't be into that for a first date. I'd want something in public so if it goes badly I can leave and it won't look as bad.

• I would be comfortable with the cooking part, I love to cook also and home cooked food is so much better than eating out. But I wouldn't be comfortable being at his home and especially on the first date.

• A guy who can cook is very sexy. But like the others said, not on the first date. A lot of girls will be nervous about going to your place. Save that for when the first couple of dates go well.

• Voted yes! It's sexy when a guy can cook. For the first date I don't know still hesitating cause I'm facing the same situation. It can turn out very good if you can get along well etc maybe watch a movie after I don't know. But it's stressfull for the girl. She doesn't know if the guy just wants to hang out or more. And it can turn out very bad if they want different things as him. And imagine how awkward it's going to be...

• Sure, why not. It would be fun.

• I'd like it, mabye not as a first date though. Also, I prefer cooking dates where its both of us cooking instead of me just sitting around while he's busy making dinner. I find it a lot more fun if we're both involved and messing around a bit.
    But thats just my opinion, your girl may love it! :)

• This sounds like the best thing ever!
    It's so cute, and it's definitely a plus to have someone who is able to cook.
    It's also healthier and less costly.
    I would definitely be up for this! It's pretty sweet of you to do that

• Yes, that would be cool.

• I will be fine with it but I prefer eating outside, it's more special than just staying at home.

• Why every not
    I like to see a man cook

• Yes because it would be nice to know that the guy can cook so that I know in our relationship that he's able to cook so I wouldn't have to cook all the time

• guys who cook are automatically a lot hotter.

• I wouldn't go to a guys house on the first date.

• Id rather go out for dinner on a first date and you can cook for me on a 2nd or 3rd date

• Yea sure that's actually kinda hot

• Yes but I'd assume he mostly wants me at his house for certain reasons
    Maybe after a few dates I'd be more comfortable with it

• Other than the fact that I have a bunch of dietary restrictions I would think it's nice!