I was on my phone and I was looking at this girl and my girlfriend got mad, I told her I was just looking, I don't want to date her, was I wrong?

There this girl and we're both friends. She posted a pic on instagram so i liked it and took a look at her other pics. We are good friends and nothing more. So my girlfriend saw me doing this and she got kind of upset with. i told my girlfriend "i'am dating you not her, nothing to be worried about, she liked my pic so i just wanted to return the favour". She said that what i did was not good in a relationship.

I'am dating her for 4 months now and this is also my first ever relationship. i don't want her to be mad at me. So i guess i should apologize right? Oh and also she noted to me she doesn't quite like this girl but I don't know why

Most Helpful Girl

• She doesn't like her because she's jealous

• jelous? but i sometimes talk with that girl, it's not all the time. me and that chick used to hangout every month or 2 months just to catch up. I went last month and when i told my girlfriend where i was she told me "wow, next time tell me, that is so rude". I don't want her to be mad at me. This is my first time with a girl (dating) and i dont want to mess it up. Should i maybe talk about the jealousy or no?

• ok i will talk to her

• Good idea
      Communication is key
      When there's a communication breakdown it causes static!

Most Helpful Guy

• You're still learning so don't be too hard on yourself. To answer your question, yes you were wrong, but only as wrong as she feels you were. Obviously she doesn't want you to look at other girls, so don't do it. Anger comes from fear and fear comes from the unknown. So you need to talk to her, help her to understand and see your side. Maybe she doesn't care or want to care since she's fixed on her own ideas about what to expect in a relationship. Just remember, girls make decisions based on emotion rather than logic, so come from an emotional side of things.

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 3

• It depends. If you were eyeing her because you think she's attractive, then your girlfriend is right. But it also sounds like she may just be jealous, and considering your other comments, like she may gradually shut you out of that friendship. That's not something that you should ever let happen, and you should own your friendships without having to hide anything from your girlfriend. That would only make her jealousy worse anyway and make you look guilty, which you aren't. If she can't handle you being friends with a girl, that's her problem not yours. If she ever makes it clear you have to choose between her and any of your friends, absolutely without a single doubt break up. Unless, like I said, you're into them and have feelings for them or something.

• lmao... you did a pretty dumb move bro. If you're going to even look at another girls profile you never do it in front of your date. NEVER. She lost trust in you and girls dont like the feeling that their man is unloyal

• She just jealous of her. Try not to do it infront of her.