What's the best way to ask someone out?

Hey people! When asking someone out, what's a good way to say it?
"Wanna go out sometime" seems a little bland/ too blunt.
Say the person is someone you've known a while, but not super close of a friend.
Thanks guys and girls!

Most Helpful Girl

• Invite them out on a date but mention the day and place. Otherwise it's too vague. So say "hey I'd love to try out *inset restaurant name* would you like to join me on *insert day*"

Most Helpful Guy

• i would say you should be blunt. that way she understands you want it to be a date instead of just hanging out

What Girls Said 12

• Not general at all. "Wanna go out sometime" sounds like you're trying to preemptively circumvent her excuses. And then even if she says "yes," you're still stuck asking her out again in order to make actual plans. I did once say yes to such an ask, but I really really liked him. What I respect is an invitation like, "Would you be interested in joining me at the music festival downtown Friday night? A couple of my friends are performing and I'd love to take you." "Smith's has the best beer menu in town and you really need to learn to play pool. Let me teach you the basics tomorrow after work." "I'm itching to spend the day at Sunset Beach tomorrow. Care to join me?"
    Three things made me say yes to these:
    (1) they sound decisive and confident but not wishy-washy or entitled
    (2) they're specific. I know when he's suggesting (so if the time doesn't work for me I can make a counter-offer) and what he's suggesting doing (so if I'm really not into that activity I can make a counter-offer) and I know how to dress
    (3) the guys who were asking were men I wanted to spend more time with

• Awesome! Thanks for the input! Great examples, super helpful!

• *hey how are you?*
    little chats over and there...
    then you wanna have some coffee with me sometime?

• I love the guy that is straight forward and no bullshit. I want him to come up to me and say: "Listen ____, I'm very attracted to you, I find you really cool and I want to get to know you better. Would you be interested in going on a date with me?" Always specify it's a date, by the way, because otherwise it can be misinterpreted or be viewed as you're not being forward enough.

• Awesome. I totally agree. I just struggle to find a good moment :O

• Honestly any time you just have a moment together where no one else is super focused on you.

• Ask with words from your heart.

• Be direct, really. "Hey want to go (do activity you both enjoy) with me on (specific date)?"

• In my opinion blunt is better. She will realize you're not playing games and really want a relationship of some sort down the road.

• I agree with findingdreamland. Hey, how are you. Have some casual conversation then ask, you wanna have coffee with me sometime?
    I hope she says yes! :D

• Ask them to go somewhere you are both mutually interested in. Like if you both like art, why don't you ask her to that art gallery near you? That sort of thing
    Good luck :)

• Yes, an outdoor concert is what I had in mind. It's as lovely as can be!
      Thank you! ♥

• Depends on the personality of the girl.

"I would like to get to know u more on a personal basis. Would you be open to having coffee with me next week, one day, this Saturday? ... "

• I don't see anything wrong with being blunt. More clear, less misunderstandings. Why not just ask "do you want to go for dinner tomorrow night?"

• "wanna go out sometime" is a passive, and bro-ish way to ask someone out. Step up your game and say "i want to take you out." <--this is a statement not a question. Then ask if they'd like to go to ______,<---name a place.

• "We should hang out" is simple enough lol

What Guys Said 5

• Do the Scorpio from Mortal Combat "Get over here!"

• Or try this hey, I'm going down to so and so do lunch do you want to go?

• this helped me out so much. Thankyou to everyone

• Haha, awesome! I learn a lot from the questions of others!

• You what to get some ice cream

• The best would be:
    I'm coming to [TOWN NAME] want to go for a coffe or something to eat.