Guys, does this intimidate you?

I'll be talking to a guy and it will be going good, and then I mention I'm a competitive youth trap shooter (look it up if you don't know what trap shooting is) and they seem intimidated by it. Do you guys think it's intimidating? Or am I just talking to the wrong guys?

21

Most Helpful Guy

• Things that are not feminine (or perceived that way) can be intimidating to some guys. You could try to avoid mentioning this too early in relationships. Not because you're ashamed of it, but because it's a strong topic to bring up when you barely know a person. Same thing for stuff like politics and religion -- save it for until you know each other better.

Rest assured that it's the type of thing many guys could be very into. Just don't bang him over the head with these types of details early on. I think if you're sensitive about it then probably subconsciously you're also making it sound like more of a big deal when you talk about it (because you feel embarrassed, guilty or afraid of what will come next). You're not being dishonest by just not mentioning it at first, until you're more comfortable. Once you are, most guys aren't going to get turned off.

Good luck!

What Guys Said 20

• I would say most guys would think it's hot.

I'd be neutral about it.

• You're definitely talking to the wrong guys hahahahaha

• What we in UK call clay pigeon shooting? Sounds good to me. I've only shot at targets with.22 and.303. Never tried shotguns. Would love to!!

Intimidating? Never!! I'd want to come along with you, even if just to cheer you on!

• Wrong guys but that is unusually for girls to get into but I'm sure your good at it, I use to skeet shoot when I was your age but never trap shoot

• Your talking the wrong guys. There pus and any girl that can handle a gun is good in my chamber. Guys play video games and shoot stuff all the time on tvs.

• You're talking to the wrong guys.
    I actually always wanted to try it.
    Personally I wouldn't be intimidated but a bit embarrassed that I'm not as good as you since it is more of a male thing.

• No it's not at all

• That's pretty cool

• nah thats cool. id want to join you though.

• Don't see why?
    I love guns as long as I'm not shot. lol.

• i guess it could be seen that way, but not everyone, lol i would have thought it was awesome.

• don't really see how that would be a problem.

• probably intimidating to some but awesome to others :-)

• hm intreging, I can't shoot trap for shit but I'm great with a rifle and a paintball gun.

• No it wouldn't intimidate me, I'd want you to teach me how to do it

• Its the wrong guys. I shoot skeet sometimes do you ever go to Wallingford Blue Trails to compete?

• Not intimidated, more like interested..

• So basically they get scared of you shooting a gun?

• You're good with a weapon, sounds cool!

• I wouldn't be intimadated it's not like your going to pistol whip us and blow our balls off