Guys, I'm going into High School. Do most high school guys want to start having more serious relationships, rather than silly middle school dating?

17

Most Helpful Guy

• No, most guys your age are only concerned with one thing: losing their virginity and losing it fast. Just so they can say their "experienced" and get even more sex from more girls.

-All- guys your age have sex on their mind, but even if you manage to find one that doesn't have -just- sex on his mind, and actually wants a girlfriend, he will likely be too immature to maintain a serious relationship.

For your own good, don't get your hopes up. Treat dating as a means of getting experience - so that you don't screw it up when you -do- find the one. Don't treat it too seriously, or you will get your heart broken just like i did.

There is almost -no- chance that a high school relationship will last because if the immaturity and lack of experience doesn't make the relationship crumble, the college seperation -will-.

What Guys Said 16

• There's a chance you can meet a "high school sweetheart" but it's actually kind of rare that it lasts all the way to 10+ years. Many who do date being "serial daters" and have a new person every week or so. You get to a point where you find out someone is dating this other person and you can almost set a timer and think "How long will this one last?"

By college it's kinda "hook up" central as people get career obsessed and feel that settling down will potentially hurt their studies.

• Not even close. High School is the time where those hormones are going so crazy to where meaningful relationship isn't even on guys radar. The only thing on High School guys mind is sex, friends and whatever extracurricular activity they enjoy (sports, drugs, cars, etc).

Most guys don't even start looking for relationships until around their college years. So you have many years to go until those guys in your age group decide they want something serious.

• High school dating is just as bad as middle school. 90% of the couples you know will break up before a month of dating, expiration date is usually two weeks. You will probably know one or two couples who date for like a year or two but they break up too.

It's hard to find a serious relationship at your age, and if that's what you want then you should wait till after high school. You'll just be disapointed.

• hm you know I asked that question about college. No they just want into your pants in highschool. In college they want relationships. The best way to get the great guys is to wear a conservative dress to school everyday. Only the best guys like a challenge so save yourself for "THE ONE" that wants to just be with you and will follow you through college.

• lol if by serious meaning sex but most of the time no for legitimately serious

• I'm not really sure it's entirely possible still in high school, or rather, it's rare. The heartbreak can be devastating, though, so, it's best to keep in mind it's terribly hard to do. The maturity really isn't quite there yet tbh

• Don't do it, the majority of high school guys are fucc bois

• Let's say you get into a serious relationship, then what?

• Not really, definitely not me, I'm to busy to get into that stuff tbh

• Lol hell no. It's still hump & dump as well as the girl you want going for the douchebag

• Yes but it still may be like silly middle school relationships until sophomore year

• It's all the same game, you'll see a lot of the girls who feel like they want a "serious" relationship will go to the Senior guys/girls. Serious relationships can start at anytime you and your significant other make them start.

• No, not really. You shouldn't either. You're 14!

• Not Really, Most High School Guys Just Want Pussy And A Blow Job.
    However There Are A Few Good Ones, I Have A Few Friends Who Married Their 1st Girlfriend A Few Years After Graduating.
    Keep In Mind This Is A Different Time, Sex Happens At A Much Younger Age, More High School Students Are Having Sex Than Ever Before, From What I Have Seen And Heard, Guys Want Pussy More Than Ever And They Are More Foward About It.
    Good Luck!

• NO! They just want to fuck! My advice is to seriously get on with your studies, get qualified and find a like minded bf!

• I wanted to have nothing to do with the girls at my High school, their heads were full of nonsense. College was much better as by that time reality had knocked their heads straight.