Should I tell her that I fell for another girl?

Been with my girlfriend for 8 months now but recently, I fell in love with another girl. I am positive I wanna try a relationship with this new girl.

Should I just break up with my girlfriend and kinda be ambigious about my reasons? Something like 'i dont think its working out', etc... to spare her from the heartbreak?

Or should I be straight up? That I fell in love with another girl and wish her good luck in the future?

or cheat and find out how well me and this new girl workout?

• Break up without telling her the real reason
  • Break up and tell her the real reason
  • Cheat to test the waters
Girls, if that was you. What would you prefer to hear?

Most Helpful Girl

• cheating should not even be an option here... lol. i mean... common sense. of course being honest and breaking up would be the better option... I mean, if you do get with the other girl, would you want her to know you're a cheater and liar? and what happens if you get with the other girl that you're "in love" with... and the feelings fade away, and suddenly... you find a new girl who melts your heart.. is it just going to be a continuous cycle of being in a relationship until you fall for another girl and just cheat and leave? what happened to some loyalty? my question is... do you have any feelings for your current girlfriend? chemistry does fade and its just a temporary high... but if you truly don't care for her that much to be with her, then be straight up and leave. sorry if this answer sounds harsh, but I'm really just wondering. thats all. i don't assume this, but just some questions to think about.

• I do have feelings for my girlfriend but I believe in that you only live once in life and you shouldn't settle for less. I think this new girl and I have much more potential, it's a new level of chemistry... but I won't rule out the possibility that perhaps it's just a temporary thing and might fade once we get together. It could be a huge mistake but It's a risk I'm willing to take. My heart says I should do it

• oh okay, makes sense. i understand. i feel bad for the girl, but yeah. like i said , as long you're straightup and breakup with her before doing anything else, then thats at least good. just keep in mind that there's always that possiblity of there being a prettier, smarter, cooler, funnier, etc girl than the girl you have or want to have... it all boils down to when you want to commit and be satisfied with what you have, instead of giving in to all temptations. its good you don't want to settle and only want the best for yourself... and you have only one life to achieve that. just makes me wonder where that conquest of better chemistry, etc will end. guess it will just take a few trial and errors. i wish you luck though!

Most Helpful Guy

• There is no good way to tell her, and lying will only make it worse. So just tell her the truth.

Don't be surprised if this new girl ends up falling for another guy and leaves you for him. That is assuming this new girl even feels the same.

• For your sake I hope that other girl does actually feel the same, because it would be hilarious if you broke up with your girlfriend for nothing.

• He makes an extremely valid point; if this girl is going after you while YOU'RE in a relationship, that generally shows where her morals are at.

What Girls Said 7

• I'd say you could either tell her or not, but definitely DONT CHEAT. I think the best option is to tell her your real reason because she will eventually find out if you and this new girl are together. If you don't think she will handle it well right now and think you can keep your new relationship a secret you could tell her a fake reason.

• Don't cheat. I would smack you in the head if you brought that up to me in person. Just tell her that things aren't working out, you don't see the relationship going anywhere and you want to start seeing other people.

• I would rather you be mature and man enough to tell me straight up that you don't think it's going to work out and that u honestly want each other to be happy, but don't think that could happen if we stayed together.

• I think you should just be honest. The girl you're dating will eventually find out about that other girl, especially if it works out between you two. Breakups pretty much always suck, so there isn't much to do there, but I know I would rather end one on a truthful note rather than finding out later.

• Awe, poor girl.
    Just tell her things aren't working out.

Oh, maybe you should give the new girl a heads up of how you work...

• First of all, shame on you.
    And you should tell her the truth.

• shame on me? lol!!! That's life... it will happen to you at one point :)

• Don't tell me what life is! Stuff like this doesn't usually happen in my culture so...

• Breaking up with her is a dick move and is going to break her heart either way. At least be a man and tell the truth about it.

What Guys Said 2

• Just tell the truth

• Be honest with her. She doesn't deserve to be lied to.