Girls, what do you think of guys who don't use social media much?

I'm 20 and cannot stand how much time we spend on our phones, my family was military and I'm talking Army Rangers and even a Green Beret in the mix so not just reserves, so I was raised in a very serious environment. Now I don't mind Facebook although I can't stand some of the posts etc and I really don't post much besides big events and when I skydive (I'm getting trained on it next summer) I also have Twitter but again haven't checked it in months and don't miss it, and I refuse to get snap chat because I don't really give a shit about everybody's daily lives and pictures they send. I am an outgoing fun person and people generally like me so don't think I'm antisocial I just prefer face to face, I don't like texting much I usually call. Anyway I've been told that girls find this odd and they would probably think sonethibg was weird about me since my online persona is basically non existent besides a pic of me falling from a plane. Girls is this true? If you were curious about a guy but seen he was never active on any social media would it turn you away from him?

• Wouldn't bug me
    86% (25)
  • I would find that strange
    14% (4)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

11

Most Helpful Girl

• I barley use social media... I have a tumblr lmao that hasn't been updated in a long time... So I wouldn't see anything wrong with it. Texting vs calling. Texting wins though in my book. (I'm horrible on the phone)

• I mean I'd text if she wanted to, that's not a huge deal I just think actual voice is better, but that wouldn't be a dealbreaker, what I can't stand though is girls or guys for that matter with a boyfriend or girlfriend yet text all day to other members of the opposite sex, just bugs me.

• Yes! When someone somewhere else is so important you can't focus on the person infront of you, I'm very glad some girls understand what I mean

• Yeah it's just plain rude when instant media. Comes before human interaction.

What Girls Said 10

• A guy who doesn't use social media and actually thinks very little of it is actually kind of sexy. It shows that he doesn't follow the crowd and couldn't be bothered to give a shit what people think of his life or how others' are living theirs. You go about your business and care about the important things in life. You are living your life the way it should be and not with a phone on hand to take a selfie as you do something particularly great. I prefer having friends off of social media, and having my conversation get away from anything that stemmed from social media. So back to your question, it wouldn't bug me, in fact it would intrigue me all the more. I know I'd be in for a lot of good conversation that had nothing to do with other people's businesses, and that anything we do will be precious time shared between us and not the world.

• It wouldn't bug me. My boyfriend has barely any social networking things, he has a facebook that hasn't been active for like three years (he stopped using it about a day after he got it :P ) and has nothing else. The only thing that'd probably bother me that you usually call because I don't like calling, I much prefer texting.

• I totally understand! I refuse to get certain social media things because I watch my parents constantly absorbed on their phones and it is very hard to hold conversations, so honestly I think it's great when a guy doesn't have a ton of social media! It makes it so I know that you will spend quality time with me when I need it. And as long as you have some way of getting ahold of me, I don't care if you don't have snap chat or whatever.

• Although its a little strange and if i met someone like that I'd tease him/her, I'd think it's refreshing and also a little cute. I mean, you prefer calling over texting. Being in a relationship where you call each other and hearing each other's voices is the best thing ever!!! (Romantic!)
    Also I think the women you've met who have called it weird is because, well, it's not what they're used to, and quite frankly they wanted/have tried to internet stalk you. They want to know the details!!!

• Haha then they are going to have to actually get the nerve to ask

• Well, when people are normally asked "What are some things that you like?" their mind usually goes blank. So they'll stalk you. Its creepy, but everyone does it these days (primarily females). XD Plus, people these days are just very nosey.

• That doesn't bother me in and of itself however I find your attitude about it fairly problematic - as if a person who enjoys to use social media is vapid.

• Not entireley, but I was raised in a no bullshit home. Even when going through serious things you deal with it and focus on what matters. So seeing posts that are about some ex boyfriend who turned out to be shit that everyone warned a girl about on FB I really don't care about, or another relationship status, or somebody's coffee that morning, If someone really wants to read all that and enjoys it then yes I can't understand them.

• I actually find that unique. It's hard to find people who don't use social media very often these days. Props to you

• As long as you have easy access for your girlfriend to contact you (ex: Facebook messenger) then it shouldn't matter

• I still will text and call I mean I have a phone its just I really am not interested in others lives so much I need to know who's having a girls night out or who's aunt is having a birthday

• it wouldn't bug me but communication would be difficult for me since I use facebook to communicate when i'm not talking to someone in person since I don't have a phone.

• I would use messenger to talk with a girl i wouldn't mind that, I just don't care about reading people daily bull posts if you understand what I mean haha

• yeah i'm cool with that I onIy use my facebook for what mentioned before for the most part.

• I don't even have a Facebook or Twitter.

• That's a good thing in my opinion. I don't think it's really that odd either.