Movie date tips?

okay so on Saturday, the guy i like and i are going to go see a movie. seems okay. and it is, but it is both of our first date ever. (hes gonna be a junior and im going to be a sophmore) so i already know that it is going to be awkward because neither of us know what we are doing, but do you guys have any tips to make it less awkward?

Most Helpful Guy

• I promise you that he's freaking out just as much, or even more than you. Second, I wouldn't count this as a date cause dating is about getting to know about the other person and there is almost no talking during a movie. So just enjoy the movie and I heavily recommend you guys go for a walk or get something to eat after the movie. If you're really that nervous, just make sure your hand is open and available... if you want him to try to hold it. If you don't, keep them to yourself. People clam up when they're nervous so just be open and relaxed. Don't worry, you'll do great

What Guys Said 1

• Don't go to a movie because you can't get to know each other. Just have fun. It doesn't have to be awkward.

What Girls Said 4

• You shouldn't jinx the date by saying it's awkward!!! Don't really think of it as a date, just an opportunity to get to know someone better! I mean, before you know you're totally interested in this person as a potential boyfriend/girlfriend, you have to get to know them more ^_^ dont be afraid to talk (just not during the movie), get some snacks, and just have fun.
    First dates are always a little awkward, but once you two realize that you guys are not just dates, but also friends, you'll be okay.

• Just relax hun & have fun on ur date. It's just two people trying to get to know each other better but it's not a job interview. Dont worry about trying hard to make him like u. It's either he's the right guy or not (vice versa) Just be your beautiful, amazing self.
    Hope you enjoy ur date : )

• See a scary movie.
    That totally works.

• He hates them. That was my first idea hahahaha

• Aww damn! XD

What about Jurassic World? That would give you guys something to focus on and make things easier. When you are havung fun, you won't feel nervous!

• Just be yourself and go with the flow, if he tries to hold your hand let him hold it, and he may try to put his arm over you in the theater haha