Don't know if I should be worried or not?

my boyfriend just got back from camp. we've talked for a long time and started dating 6 months ago. he met this girl, says she's a friend. (he does make friends very easily and he's fun to hang with) my friend was also at the camp she was with them said nothing bad about it. I trust my friend and him, but this girl and him were texting today? he didn't try and hide it, he thought nothing was wrong with it. about a month ago i had a problem with one of his ex's and him talking. it really hurt me and he knows I'm very parinoid now and I just don't know how to nicely tell him I really want him to stop talking to her. he just just met her and they're not close to I don't see how I'm asking too much. I just don't want to sound controlling cause I'm really not.

Most Helpful Guy

• I know you don't want to come off controlling, but he clearly doesn't seem to get that you don't like it. You're assuming he should know the code: don't text other girls while in a relationship without the girlfriends permission. But not all guys think that way. If you want something, you're going to have to tell him. So say something like, "I'm happy that you're making friends, but it doesn't make me feel very comfortable when you're texting other girls." To which he'd reply, "Oh, don't worry, it's not that big of a deal, we're just friends." Then you move in further, "I just want you to know that's how I feel. You can keep texting, but just know I don't like it." The conversation can go a number of ways, but if you don't want him to text her any more, you need to voice that opinion. As you said, he does it quite openly, but that doesn't make it alright if you're not alright with it. And this doesn't have anything to do with being controlling, much different area like you won't even let him hang out with his guy friends. Texting can be very intimate so I wouldn't be alright with my girlfriend texting someone without voicing an opinion. You're his girlfriend, so he needs to hear your opinion as you should listen to his. Don't worry about it, but don't just brush it under the rug either. Good luck and hope something I said helped

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think you should be worried.

What Guys Said 1

• if he doesn't hide it as u say... then i don't think he has any secrets from u then... so they don't do anything flirty... i believe they r just talkin as friends and nothing more actually

What Girls Said 0