Girls, dating problems?

I am a high school graduate and will attend university in fall. however, I had many crushes on girls in hs and the following 5 problems always caused me to not date them or even be their friend (I had trouble making friends with guys as well, tho I found a solid group of bros in senior year). that's why I went dateless to senior prom (had fun with dateless girls and friends). problems I faced with crushes 1. always surrounded by friends. 2. had boyfriends or guys they liked. 3. weren't ready to date, and those who were ready were taken. 4. too busy with school work and tests. 5. another guy got to them first.

don't worry, I started working out in the gym :). I just wonder how can I make friends (who I can go out with in college) or date a girl if I couldn't make friends easily (male or female). I also fantasize many things like parties, traveling with friends, fraternity formals/winter formals and wonder how to get them. I have felt anxiety about this and depressed since I had a hard time fitting in the cliques (grades dropped). what can I do about the problems and fantasies and my anxiety? I'm Indian by the way and only hobbies include video games and movies. I'm tall, but not TOO muscular, so will I be hindered? help!

3

Most Helpful Girl

• So I think the biggest misconception about college is dating in college when really you should focus on school. Freshman year can be tough with it being completely new: classes, people, location, groups, etc.

So while dating may seem like it should be your first step it shouldn't be. People coming out of HS are still in HS mode and they don't really know who they really at at that point. It's better to wait, figure out who you are what you like and move on from there after you figure college and yourself out.

• see, here's the thing. i have problems making friends due to intense cliques and don't know how I will date or fill my fantasies if I can't even make friends :( .

What Girls Said 2

• I think you'll be okay. The best thing you can do is get yourself out there. Join clubs, be friendly, make friends. A girl should come naturally if you do those things

• i think you'll be fine.