My girlfriend died?

My girlfriend of 2 years just recently died of cancer a few days ago. I'm having a hard time. Is there anything I can do? Have any of you been through this?

Most Helpful Girl

• OMG, I'm so sorry! I would say don't isolate yourself & maybe just chill with family. Go to counseling if you need it. Work on projects to distract yourself. You shouldn't hold it all in though.

Most Helpful Guy

• This is so sad. My sis and I lost our dad about 10 years ago. Mum was in a zombie like state for months. Itwas only us kids that kept her going.

There's no right answer to your question. Hopefully you can stay in contact with her family to help each other through this. Take things as they come. You probably won't feel like doing much, if anything. If you feel the need to shed a tear or two, don't be embarassed. It's nothing to be ashamed of, and is part of the healing process. It will become easier in time, but it may never leave you. You will learn to live with it, just as my family has. Do you have any close friends or family that can be very close to you at night? In many cases, night time is when the going gets toughest and it's so much better if you can reach out to someone just to know they are there.

I wish you safe journey on the long road to hapiness. It's long and tiresome, but you will get there.

What Girls Said 3

• You might want to reach out to some grief counsellors in your area. Your local hospital will have a list on hand.

• I'm so sorry! No help but I hope you find comfort and peace!

• I lost my boyfriend of two years last year. About a week after his death, I found myself hiding from anything that reminded me of him. Secluding yourself from the situation may help a bit like it did for me. I am sorry for your loss.

• Really sad how did he die?

• He had epilepsy. He was getting seizures pretty often and one was so bad that when it happened he fell and hit his head on the ground. When he hit his head, there was some kind of bleeding in his head and he passed away later that night in the hospital.. I was there the whole time. Since he was conscious before he died, the doctors told his family and me that he wasn't going to make it to the end of the week, so we were allowed to visit him. The last thing he told me was "Pinky promise me that you will be happy and start a family with someone who loves you just as much as me. I love you and will never stop."

What Guys Said 5

• Sorry to hear this man. Did you and her get on really well?

• Really it is very sad to hear.
    Losing a loved one feels like someone took a piece out of your heart.
    They are the most difficult moments in one's life.
    Don't isolate yourself or go in depression even the soul of your girlfriend will feel sad if that happens.
    Always remember her and pray to GOD that she stays happy in the afterlife.
    Fulfil her last wishes and always keep her in your heart.

• oh shit... sorry for yer loss man... best u can do now's support her family as much as u can...

• My deepest condolences. There's unfortunately not much one can say or do in these circumstances. You need to find something to take your mind off it though

• That's horrible! I'm so sorry! No, I haven't experienced this. Please seek the support of your friends... pray or meditate... get counseling if you need it... eat healthy food... exercise... don't be ashamed of any of your emotions... let them pass through.