Do you still "date"? The majority of my high school said "No one dates anymore. Now its just about hooking up and trying not to get pregnant." Really?

It honestly hurts to hear things like that. It feels like I'm less likely to find a guy who takes things slow, then we eventually date, and marry. My dreams feel a bit crushed. So far the majority of guys who approach me are exactly looking for just that to "hookup" or hangout. This is why I push most of them into the brozone to makeup excuses for not being into them like that.

Most Helpful Guy

• I am young and yes I see this all the time. There are quite a few women I find attractive but I would never date them because they are into whole hookup thing. It's very hard to find women like you tbh

What Guys Said 2

• wrong... i've seen MANY people who r not only after hook-ups!

if u see questions here then u'll understand

• I've seen several questions here lol. I just want to see different in person. Usually in person, the ones who claim not to be looking for a hookup often change after a month of talking. Or if not that, they werent as attractive in the first place. Yes I'm about both looks and personality

• hmmmm i believe there might be a possibility those who say they wanna have hook-up only... they say it just in order to blend wid da crowd ;)

• Hmmm I never thought about that. That reminds me of those guy who tell their guy friends "Me and my girl have sex all the time" when they actually never had sex ever lol

• No, not really.

What Girls Said 1

• I, myself, do date. I am too afraid to hook up. A lot of teens are doing just that though. It is scary, but the truth..