Why are women so disgustingly desperate today?

Why do women chase men? I see question after question on here like, "does he like me" "he doesn't talk to me should i let him go" "how do i get is attention" blah blah blah so on and so forth... where is the self respect? Men are not attracted to desperation! Why do women feel so desperate today?

I would just like do update this to clear up a misconception, i am not talking about women going after a guy they are attracted to, i was referring to women who are chasing after men who have already rejected them or clearly are not showing mutual interest, and hanging around waiting for a guy who is giving them the run around or blatently telling them they are either not looking for a relationship or only trying to have a sexual experience. My apologies for the poor delivery of that.

Most Helpful Guy

• Ugh tell me about it. They all fixate on the same guy, and even if he has a girlfriend they still keep trying to go after him. There are so many ggod guys right in front of you why are you fixating on this one guy?

As best I can tell it has to do with what women perceive as "confidence". If a guy is a player and really doesn't care if women like him, he will never be nervous around women, because je doesn't care if the girl likes him or if things work out. This lack of nervousness is mistaken for the magical, panty dropping "confidence" women always drool over. They need to get it through their thick skulls that apathy and narcisissm do NOT equal confidence.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have too totally agree with question!
    I hope my questions didn't sound desperate about my boss I just wanted to see if everything stood at a professional stand point between us... I still totally agree with you! 👍👍👌👌😃😃😃

What Guys Said 15

• Umm this #man is attracted to so-called "desperation" cuz closed mouths don't get feed on this boulevard #Sorry

I have no respect whatsoever for any woman who'll sit around and wait for a guy to fall into her arms. Even though she could go easily grab him via putting her neck on the line for a change (approaching men) i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text.gif

The better question is this "why in the fuck do girls play such stupid games even though they like ___ just as much as he likes them?".

And then y'all wonder why some of these guys get the #goods and LEAVE as soon as they've busted their nut on yall's back LOL. Oh yeah, that's right because the guy took 4 months to get it so what you think it's going to happen if and when he conquers you? (gets in your pants) Yup hat's right he'll go on to the next challenge. And I don't blame him 1 bit because on his route that busted nut he probably went through hell trying to flatter you HAHA

• #asker you and most girls alike just want to " can cast their fishing rods to see if we bite, then throw back all of the ones they don't need or don't like - #Mistninja314 " since like I always say there's no risk involved to y'allselves, right?

Tell me I'm fucking lying LOL

• I don't agree. Only because I doubt most men who are interested in a woman would wait 4 months to get it when they could easily find it somewhere else. That's called stupidity to me.

• @RationalLioness I was waiting on you <3 since I knew you'd be the only GAGirl to keep it real/say something like this "Only because I doubt most men who are interested in a woman would wait 4 months to get it when they could easily find it somewhere else. That's called #stupidity to me." #EXACTLY

Girls be messing me up when they say well think "omg I'm going to make ___ wait" like okay don't surprised when ole boy leaves yo ass for the girl who's actually showing interest in him + putting out HAHAHAH

Overall I was going to write something like what you said in my post but said screw it... I wouldn't even know where to put it ^_^.

• Honestly, I prefer women that ask how to get a guy, than women that sit down and wait because they think they don't have to do anything and still win the game.
    Like I always say, you have more chances to win the lottery if you go buy a ticket than if you wait till they give you one.
    A girl that goes for the guy she wants is attractive. Ambition is admirable.

• #MHO right here + what i said of "I have no respect whatsoever for any woman who'll sit around and wait for a guy to fall into her arms. Even though she could go easily grab him via putting her neck on the line for a change (approaching men)" ^_^

• @Mistnigqa808 thanks, and I totally agree with your comment too.

• What the hell do you know of what men want? Do not claim to speak for us, your strong preference for outdated and unpopular gender roles shows me how ignorant you are. Men like being asked out, shocking I know, who knew that men had feelings and liked a lot of the same things that women like? I mean who would have guessed that men and women really mostly just want the same things, IT'S ALMOST LIKE WE'RE THE SAME SPECIES.

Let me ask you a question: If a woman pursuing a man is 'desperate', is it 'desperate' for a man to pursue a woman? Seeing as there is no physical characteristic that makes men more capable of chasing women than visa-versa, it would make logical sense that if it is a sign of desperation for one gender to do something, it is a sign of desperation for the other to do something.

Get off your high horse. There is nothing wrong with a person of either gender going out and working towards getting what they want, whether it be a romantic partner or a job. People like you like to cram people into boxes and tell people what their role is but who the hell are you to decide, why is it your business? If a guy likes being pursued by women, which the vast majority of them do according to real life experience and this very website, and a woman wants to ask him on a date, who the hell are you to tell them that they are out of place? Just because something is your preference doesn't mean that it's the way things should be; I just noticed that you were are in the 25-29 age range which was surprising because you sound like such a fucking child to me that I thought this was would say "under 18".

If you are feeling disgusted by this because other women are getting the men that you want, then it's your problem. Man and women have been becoming more and more equal and with added rights come added responsibilities. Women having equal social status means that it is not a mans job to ask the girl out. Deal with it.

• you the rela #MVP moment www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1356742-why-should-i-we-approach-you-girls sounds like what I basically wrote on that question of mine back then ^_^

• @Asker I just read your update, assuming you genuinely miscommunicated with us I'd like to point out that men do that too, probably more so than women, so singling out women here was pointless. That said, I think you're just embarrassed that we called you out.

• Im not embarassed at all most of the comments made were related to women expressing and acting on interest which i have done in the past and i have no issues with as a behavior, i am in fact a woman and i believe in equal rights. However as a woman in a successful relationship its hard for me to read all the questions and comments from girls and women pining after men. I was slinging out girls not because i dont believe men also do this, it simply wasn't part of my point. I was speaking on the point of the fact that women are a) setting themselves up to be used and or taken advantage of and b) the thought that there are more fish in the sea why wpuld you want to stay with someone that doesn't treat you well or has no intention to do so. I would also like to add that i understand men are also treated poorly and pining after women but i see more women complaining or questioning these types of situations on these forums. Just my observations.

• Why wouldn't they search actively instead of waiting for a mythic prince on a white horse like a damsel in distress?

The times they are a changin'.

• Perhaps it's because equality is becoming a thing these days and men chase women less and less so women start to realize that they also have to step up to the plate and make things happen and not just sit and wait for men to chase them.

Perhaps the desperation that has always been felt by men now also start to affect the women.

• Because you touch yourself at night...

• probably because these women aren't experienced in the world of dating.

i mean for a while society has been making it seem like we men are the ones who do all the chasing in the world of dating. but now that both genders are balanced out it lots of ways i guess women are now being forced to do the chasing to but be feel lost since again society has made it seem that men do the chasing while women just lay back and try to be hot

• Men do this all the time I think this is the reason bars were invented before GaG you had to go and sitt and complain to other strangers about woman. So men can chase girls that don't show interest in them but girls can't?

• Women who flirt with guys are more successful than women who aren't. True fact.

• This is not about flirting, its about rejected women hanging on.

• I don't know. I'm a man. See the women's opinions below (or above).

• It's the 21st century role reversal now it's the girls chasing the guys

• because they are human and they also crave intimacy and love unlike you

• Well why not?

• If I like a girl I don't care if she's desperate or not. If I don't like a girl then yes being desperate us gross.

• They are better informed and so more ambitious. Imagine if you were born into an Amish family, the height of your material ambition would be a new buggy. With the information available to women today they know there are Ferraris and Mercedes and they want them. They all want them and there aren't enough to go around so it's a sellers market. I can understand perfectly why women are so desperate, you snooze you lose. When a woman has a good man she better do anything she can to keep him or another woman will have him off her.

Ironic isn't it? Women being empowered has led to them being more desperate.

What Girls Said 17

• Wow, that's a pretty harsh judgement. Have you never considered that maybe some us may just be insecure and/or inexperienced in dating, and see this as a safe area to ask questions and get some (hopefully unbiased) opinions and advice? Why do you feel so offended by those questions or perceive them to be so desperate?

• Wtf is wrong with wondering if a guy liked you, or with wondering how to approach s guy/get a guy to notice you? Should girls just silently and mindlessly wait for a guy to fall at their feet or?
    You're pathetic and your ideas concerning what's "desperate" are pathetic, get over yourself.

• I see an equal amount of men asking the same questions. Perhaps a better question is "why are we all so desperate for affection?"

• (Some) Women chase men because they want to and can. Maybe those people are ignorant in dating. This isn't new. You just haven't seen these questions a lot before due to the LACK of technology. I'm sure that women in the 1800s were trying to gain men's attention in similar fashions.

• Lol you're pathetic. Men shouldn't be the only one expected to ask someone out.

• Its not about asking someone out or not its about the women who clearly are being mistreated and hanging on. I conveyed it wrong.

• Oh I understand. I completely agree with you then but I'd say the same goes for guys. Both sexes are guilty of that.

• Having questions about a relationship or the hope of one doesn't make a woman desperate. Men have the same questions but people don't complain about them nearly as often. lol

• Things are online so I'm assuming most don't go out and enjoy themselves and have a hobby or two. I've got horses so I'm booked most of the time much less college classes and work and sleep to fit in.

• I don't chase men, but I'm also not afraid to go after what I want if I REALLY want them. However, per your update, if I've been rejected then it's over.

• I rarely see any question about a girl wanting a guy that obviously isn't intrested. It's mostly questions asking advice on how to go about things.

• Why do guys roofie girls? why do some people have dicks and others have vaginas? Why is the sun yellow? Why is your question offensive? We will never know.

• Desperation?

• Preach 🙏 I swear there is absolutely no self respect. Some need to realize that a guy will not make their lives complete.

• Wondering if a guy likes you = having no self respect? Wow. Your panties seem to be in quite the twist.

• But that has been since forever, actually nowadays women are more straightforward asking a guy if he likes her.

• Who said anything about complaining or not making a move?

• Because a lot (although not all) women are more picky than men. If you only meet a guy you're attracted to about once every 18 months, you're going to be more bummed when it doesn't work out because there's no alternative guy to distract yourself with, who you find attractive.
    As men are able to do casual relationships with ease, and can be attracted to women just on the basis of looks (at least for a short term thing) when they get rejected, they are miffed, but they are thinking - may as well distract myself with girlX instead.

Most women, however, after being rejected, are thinking: shit it's going to take forever to meet another guy who I'd contemplate having sex with. That, in my opinion (and I'll admit it's based on my own experience) is why women often don't move on after a rejection.

• Should I become FB friends with him? 😄

• And it's judgements like these that stop women from making the first move. Thanks.
    Oh and by the way from this post I think you're disgustingly desperate for attention as well.

• I agree with you.

• This is not about women making the first move, nor did i ever mention anything about women who are pursuing or dating men who are being receptive towards them.

• EXACTLY !!!

they dont get that men like to do the chasing even if they say otherwise... and men of course are happy with women chasing them for obvious reasons.. they dont care for the care OR her self respect

both dont understand that the guy will get tired of her and find someone else who is a challenge and not killing herself to get his attention

it's also a fad these days that women act like complete easy ***** and pretend their sex drive is oh sooooooo freaking high even higher than men

ugh dont let me get started... it's so annoying and making males so lazy

• so how in the hell isn't the girl CONSIDERED lazy for just sitting there on her ass while being complimented and or bought gifts all day until the guy finally gets her golden prize aka sex?

Shid after working so hard to get pussy I'd be damn if I didn't HIT it and QUIT it just to go on to the next so called CHALLENGE after lol

• there's a big difference between appreciating a woman and treating her like a trophy... sorry, I mean a 'prize' to be won. You don't need to be the one to ask her out in order to appreciate her. If that was the case, then these women who don't ask out men must not appreciate them.

I don't see how men who don't ask out women are lazy, by that logic most women are lazy as fuck. It's not a mans job, we have equality in case you didn't get that memo.

• If you read most of my comments as well as my update you will see that i was not referring to women initiating a relationship with a man. And i said nothing about laziness. Im simply saying i dont understand why women are hanging on to bad relationships or unreachable relationships out of desperation.

• Why do men chase women? Are they desperate? No. So I don't see why when a woman does it, she looks desperate. We're in 2015, not in 18th century anymore. A woman who chases has a lot of courage, because she doesn't fear rejection, or at least overcomes it, and she doesn't care about judgy people like you.