LDRs: are they worth it or not?

I've been in one for two years with another GAG user and it's been great, but we've gotten a lot of pessimistic advice like "It'll never work" over the years. If you had a genuine connection with someone you met online and/or who lives far away, would you try it? Why or why not?

• Worth it
  • Not worth it
  • Unsure until I try it

Most Helpful Girl

• Have you met them in real life yet?

What Guys Said 3

• Writing and reading doesn't make a relationship. I'd say it's a way to get to know someone on some levels.

• If you have problems getting a relationship in your area, worth it.
    If you can easily get a relationship in your area, not worth it.

• i met someone online she was far was going to meet her in real life
    but at last she broke my heart

What Girls Said 3

• If I've never met them in real life? Nope, I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous. I don't believe in online relationships.
    I'm not even sure if I'd get in a LDR with someone I have met in real life, it seems difficult and too painful, not for me.

• If you know you're going to at least meet them ONCE, then it's worth it in my opinion. But if all you'll ever have is technology between the two of you then I don't see it working at all.

• They fail far more often than they succeed. Online dating isn't real dating.