Have you ever dated someone long term whom you didn't find attractive initially?

I met this guy recently who is very sweet, has a great job and a great personality. But I feel guilty because I do not find him attractive at all. He is 6'3" and I'm pretty sure he's around 375 lbs, maybe more. I am 5'2" and 135 so I'm not thin but I usually date guys that are closer in size. He used to play football and he's still pretty active so I think that's the way his body naturally is. I have no problem with dating someone who is overweight but I think he's just too big and I feel bad for thinking that because I don't find him physically attractive because of it. Do you think attraction can grow like people say? I'd like to hear your experiences with this!

Most Helpful Guy

• My first girlfriend I had, I met on a blind date. Before the date, my roommate told me (he was setting up the date) that she was just a few inches taller than me, I'm almost 6 foot, and that she was really skinny and spoke English almost fluently. She's Japanese and my Japanese is quite lacking, so this was important. So when I met her, the 5'2" Japanese girl (she wasn't fat but not the typical think asian) who didn't know very much English. So not only was I disappointed when I met her, I was actually unattractive to her. But she was really nice and had a great personality. I spent the next few months teaching her English until we started dating. Looking at all of her other Japanese friends, she was not the hottest, but that didn't matter as time went on learning about her. The truth is, even though she's my ex, I don't regret a moment meeting her and dating her. We broke up over religious differences but we dated for almost four years. Yes, there will always be someone hotter, someone you think could fix that spot better, even after you're married. That's why picking a spouse is so important that you get it right, not perfect. So this guy you're seeing, spend some time with him cause he might not be perfect, but he could be really awesome. Attraction is very important to people, but it's not everything.

Most Helpful Girl

• I never have.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• No I have not

• yes i did, and i grew very attracted to him.

• So how do you know if that will happen or if it's just a waste of time to continue seeing them?

• just be friends first see if he grows on you.