Guys, what are some reasons that you don't wanna take your girl to your frds' parties?

So we've been dating for like 7 months now, not offically boyfriend girlfriend since we both wanna take it slow.
I've hung out with his homies, some of his frds but whenever there is a party, he doesn't really want to bring me along. One day, i was asking if we could hang out that weekend and he said no bcoz he would be having a party. I asked if i can come coz it sounded interesting. He kept making excuses like he would feel bad to get wasted in front of me, he would feel bad that he couldn't talk to me or pay attention to me all the time since he would be talking to frds... I told him i didn't mind it but he still thinks its a bad idea. I got mad and stopped talking him and he said he didn't wanna be attached to a girl all the time, and he knew once he got a bit drunk, he would wanna hug me and kiss me. Am i supposed to believe that?
Thanks guys

10

Most Helpful Guy

• It is very hard to say without knowing the guy. But, often when guys spend a long period of time (like 7 months) dating someone without being "official" it's because they are afraid of commitment. Being afraid of commitment could be just immaturity and something he can get over, but it could also be that he's selfish, or that he doesn't think of you as a long-term relationship.

I think it's important for you to back away and figure out what you really want from this guy. If you have long-term interests, you should try to avoid a situation where this guy is just comfortable having you as a casual relationship. Either back away and see if he pursues you, or get more intimate with him / have a conversation about exclusivity.

What Guys Said 9

• This guy has no clue as to what he really wants. Leave him or stay for the drama.

• Could be jealousy, girls get hit on a lot at parties and guys don't respect even official dates let alone a kinda sorta thing, he may be afraid others would approach you. And 7 months is a hugely long time to still be casual

• Could be he just wants his "guys night out" where I'm sorry but he doesn't have to worry about pleasing you making sure your okay, if you want a drink. Your getting tired? Sorry guys i have to leave! Or or big or there's other girls there.

• It might just be like a guys night out, and he's trying to be nice about it. Also there are just things you joke about with your friends that you just can't do around certain SO's.

• What the fuck is a "frds"?

Do you mean "friend's"?

• He doesn't want some other guy to take u away u already know his friends and they know you to are going at it so they will leave you alone but a stranger doesn't know that so they might try to hit on u

• She either dresses too slutty or says embarrassing things all the time.

• "Why bring a rock to the mountain if there's a ton there" you feel me?

• Parties are overrated. Rather stay home and read a book instead of hanging with trashy party people.