Guys, Would you date a girl who's hobbies were all solitary?

If she had no friends and all the things she was interested in involved being alone such as drawing, reading, writing, watching movies at home etc. would you want to date someone like that?

19

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally, hobbies wouldn't be a factor. As long as you find fulfillment and joy in those activities, it's a-okay. Those hobbies are actually intellectual and creative, so in my mind, it's a big plus. But I would judge the content. For example, if you only drew sad things, read sad books, watched sad movies, I would run away as fast as I could.

It concerns me more that you have no friends. You mean you rarely see them, or you have none? It raises a flag in my mind. It wouldn't stop me from dating the person, but it would make me analyse their behavior more closely.

What Guys Said 18

• Some people are just more solitary than others. But that doesn't mean they can't get along with someone, especially in a relationship. However, when you're dating someone, it isn't just about you. Having your own time if fine, and your partner needs to have some of that time too. Your hobbies don't need to radically change, but if you want to be happy, find the groove that works best with your partner. Maybe they don't need to do everything with you, but it's nice spending time together. My last girlfriend like to work on homework while I read books. As long as we were in the same room, we were both happy. You'll figure it out

• Yes, I would date someone like that. I might even prefer it, since I could relate to a lot of that myself and would feel more at ease. I can go out sometimes, but for the most part I'm also pretty introverted. I mostly do those same solitary hobbies, as well as going for walks and bike rides. I think I could get along very well with a girl like you described. We could give each other ideas, since I'm into a lot of those same interests.

• I would date her why not? Art, Literature, Theater and a relaxing night inside rather than outdoors is a good toss up for me. It's just hard to find some one who is into all that and into you as well.

• Sure. In fact, it's often preferable for the guy whose hobbies are also solitary. For instance, I like to write and do mathematics and would prefer privacy in doing that.

• Sure ! I am myself a bit like that. I am sure that we would find a couple of hobbies that we can do together and we could both give each other some time alone to do our stuff. I think it could be great !

• Marry me? As long as we get to watch movies together. I have solitary hobbies such as archery, guitar, model building and painting. i love video games too so yeah I'd be on you like white in rice... the dating part... not actually on you... I'm bad with word lol

• No I wouldn't because you're basically dating no one, I can understand reading, writing, and drawing but watching movies by yourself nah I'd rather date someone who would at least want to cuddle up with someone while we watch movies together

• I would have to date a girl who's hobbies are all solitary, because all of my hobbies are solitary. I wouldn't be able to handle a girl who wants to go out all the time and doesn't want to spend a few days in doors.

• Yeah, but only on one condition, she has to let me be able to pick every other movie we watch on netflix, thats the deal lol.

• if she wasn´t even interested in anything that had to do with other people, i wouldn´t date her.

• Not if they were her ONLY hobbies. I have the same hobbies, they're not good for being with people.

• Sure. Why not?

• yes, but i would like to do things with her but not only in house and i am gonna take her some place else interesting.

• Yeah but she would have to meet my other qualifications as well.

• Surely I would, think it is a good thing when can entertain themself

• i am introverted myself, but i go for hot girls.

• Me too I go for hot guys.

• So she's totally antisocial...

... how exactly did she and I meet again?

• That's pretty much me already