How should I handle my girlfriend wanting me to not let my dog jump on our bed?

She hates my dog even though my dog is medium to small and won't let him sleep in bed with us. Before I met my girlfriend my dog slept in bed with me for 3+ years and I can't untrain him now. She just flips out and won't deal with anything he does and he can't jump on the furniture with me. I'm not a dog lover or anything but am I right to be a little annoyed?

Update

Most Helpful Girl

• You do have the right to be annoyed, your dog was there before her, and he has a comfort in being in your bed, it's kind of unfortunate that you have to give that up. Is there anyway that you can put a bed beside yours so that you feel closer to him? Or have him sleep on your side. What's her real reason for not letting? Does she think it's unsanitary?

• She just thinks its weird but she's not allergic or anything. He sleeps on my side all the way to the left next to my feet. He isn't a cuddler but likes to be near me. He's so silent and well behaved and she doesn't even have to notice him tbh. It's my fault cause he has a small bed but I liked him sleeping with me to keep me company when I first lived away and went to college I was lonely so he helped that.

• Not to her.

What Girls Said 2

• If you are now sharing a house with her then she has every right to not want your dog jumping on the bed and furniture. It's not like she's asking you to get rid of the dog, I don't think it's too much to ask to find him a new place to sleep. Some people don't want animals in the bed with them, obviously your girlfriend is one of those people.

• My issues is I can't untrain my dog and he will bark constantly if I lock him out so neither of HS can sleep. All the do does is lay at my feet and mind his business.

• Yeah he has one but I never really made him use it. I liked the company when I was singloe so I encouraged his behavior to jump on furniture and sit with me. Now I have to untrain him.

• Yeah, it's just going to take time but it is possible.

• I wouldn't be able to date her.

What Guys Said 4

• I feel like you should have both thought about this before moving in together... I am not much of a dog person, so I just wouldn't move in with someone who had a dog! she has the right to want to live in her house as she wants, but so do you! and your dog! So in the end, it is pretty tough to tell...

• Yeah it's a complicated situation lol I never really trained my dog to sleep on the floor.

• I only had cats and I got s dog because I was a little lonely living away from home for the first time when I started my college career.

• 1. train your girlfriend to sleep on the floor while your dog sleeps on the bed.
      2. start looking around to get a girlfriend you can train better.

• Fuck, Tell her to deal with that shit, That dog was there before her and its another living creature, The world dosent revolve around her ffs.

• I can't lock my dog out of the room because he barks for hours until I let him in outside the door.

• Sounds like it's either her or the dog. When she's had enough she will eventually ask you to get rid of it. I probably would have left you lol. She doesn't have to deal with it. She can leave.

• If it does boil down to either her or the dog, Keep the dog my friend.

She can always find another guy, You can always find another girl
      But that dog can never find another you.

• No dogs in the bedroom. 'Handle' your dog, NOT your girlfriend.

• Keep your dog sleeping on the bed. She'll learn to live with it.