Guys, what would you think if a woman asked you for dinner at her place?

What would you think the dinner invitation meant? Would you go if you weren't interested in more than a friendship?

20

Most Helpful Guy

• i wouldn't go only for friendship, if a girl invites me home alone, its clear as day for me that she wants more tha a friend. It would only hurt her to go there, and then show no interest at all in her.

What Guys Said 19

• Well, if I weren't really interested in more than friendship, I might ask if I could bring someone else along and then I'd offer to help make dinner as there'd be additional guests. However, a dinner invitation at her place sounds like she's quite interested. Just getting coffee at some place is already on the verge of having interest because it's an opportunity to get to know each other. But her making dinner and inviting me to her place is pretty suggestive that she's interested. If there are other people there, though (even just one extra person) it wouldn't really feel like she's totally interested, then, and that she just wants to fellowship a bit which is fine with me even if I wasn't totally interested in her.

• I would think she likes me, and this would be like date. I would bring some flowers or bottle of wine. I would not expect sex, but be open to it.

• my first thought would be that she may be interested , but I wouldn't go with expectations of anything in particular , the evening would reveal what could or would be

• It can really be either. I don't see why this can't be just inviting a friend to have a meal. At the same time, this can also be for sex. It is certain not enough as a signal. Why don't you just tell him if you are interested? If he is not, you can always be friends...

• It depends if you knew him beforehand and what your relationship is currently like.

I had a few girls as friends who going there for dinner literally meant having dinner, watching TV, and that was it.

How long have you known him and what is your current relationship with him like?

• If were close friends and there were no romantic interest that I know of then I'd go to hang out. Can't deny some yummy for my tummy.

If we aren't close and I liked her or I knew she likes me I'd think she wants the D!

• Depends on how long you've know her, what she's like around you etc. It's a dinner invitation, don't over-analyze it. If I already knew she was interested in me, things might get interesting later that evening, but if it's just for a casual thing, I'd have fun either way.

If I wasn't interested but if I knew she was interested in me, I would still go, I might find something I like about her after all.

• I would most definitely go.

• I would assume she is romantically/sexually interested in me.

• Personal...
    i'd come looking for desert...

But regardless, even if i only wanted friendship id go

• I would think it means sex!!!

• in my experience the intention of dinner invite from a girl means quiet hangout-ish date, but still a date.

• Eh I don't see why not!

• Uh oh spaghetti-o! I'd think there's more to it than just dinner.

• She likes me and I might get lucky.

• I would think sex after dinner.

• if we werent very close friends id think she has "other things" in mind... .

• I'd definitely trim the hedges beforehand and would make sure I had some condoms on me.

• ... probably not appropriate for this thread ;)

• If you go off anon briefly, I'll friend you and you can message me.

• Sex invitation. Pretty straightforward.

• OK... so... if I've asked a man I really like over for dinner.. say 5-6 times and he showed up... yet never made a move... what is a gal to think?

• He might just be clueless/inexperienced or he's a religious prude. Try making a move on him yourself and see what happens.