Anxiety is going to ruin my relationship?

I've never openely spoken about my anxiety with my boyfriend, but it's very much alive and there. I am constantly paranoid that he doesn't care about me, that something is bound to go wrong, when I know in fact that he does love me and care about me just as I do him. He is a great person who does everything he can to make me happy, but I can't shrug off the feeling of paranoia that I'm a terrible girlfriend/something is going to happen that's going to tear us apart/etc, should I talk to him about it or keep it to myself?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you get too anxious, it might cost you the relationship you were afraid of losing in the first place. If you tell yourself that you are going to lose it one day anyway, you may feel less anxious and may actually make your relationship last longer...

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm actually going through the exact same thing right now in my relationship. I'm paranoid he's not that into me, when my friend told me that guys need space. Every relationship involves a risk but trust that your boyfriend loves you, maybe you should talk to him about it so he can give you reassurance.

• It's such a horrible thing to go through, especially because my boyfriend is constantly there for me, reminding me that he loves me, saying beautiful things to me on a daily basis, putting me before everything else. He's loyal, he respects me, he's everything I could ever want, but there's something in the back of my mind that just reminds me that I'm not good enough and it haunts me everyday and leaves me in tears.

What Guys Said 4

• This is certainly your problem and you should seek professional help with it. The anxiety you have is something based on either your perception of yourself, or your family life, or some other experience. If a guy really loves you, he will help you, but you should not wait for someone's help. Many guys will not have the maturity or patience to help you so you must help yourself. If you know you have this problem, why not go get help for it? Many, many people get help for emotional issues.

• If you tell him that, I guess it's possible he may look at you in a negative way. If he loves you a lot, there's a good chance he'll understand. I would understand if I get in that situation with a girl.

• Cause your question is quite close to my heart, I thought I'd give you a special vocaroo answer because I have too much to say in text.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s12fqgH8pRDr

• Sure mention it keep it reserved but there is nothing wrong about mentioning it. I would say try talking to a confidaunt.

What Girls Said 2

• you should talk to him about it, communication is key. you should talk about your anxiety with other people trust too.

• Sports bra for sleeping, regular bra for out and about

• I absolutely agree ! I would even add that the hypopotamus is a very big mammal !

• I am sooo sorry!! I was trying to post on a post below yours and accidently posted on yours! I hope your aniexty gets better!