Never Been Kissed

I'm 19 and I've never been kissed. How weird is that? I'm feeling increasingly depressed over this, along with the fact that I've also never had a boyfriend (obviously). Any advice?

And please don't be mean. I'm hard enough on myself as it is.

Most Helpful Guy

• I was almost 21 before I kissed a girl.

I'm nearing 30 and have only had two (sort of) girlfriends. My total dating experiences have lasted a total of 6 months at most and 3-4 realistically speaking.

1) I think that if you're looking at dating someone of quality, and having meaningful relationships, then perhaps a goal like that is... more specific than we need to go. I MUST KISS SOMEBODY before Christmas, while admirable in that it's a lofty (and not impossible) goal, it may not be too realistic, depending on some things. Now, having a goal to learn something interesting, or get outside a shell, or have the courage to talk to a cute guy, that's a more reasonable goal to take on. If you make too specific a goal, you run the risk of getting depressed when it doesn't happen. Yes, make specific goals... but know limits as well.

Baby steps. It took me 3 weeks to feel comfortable putting my arm around the girl I was dating. I was and to a degree still am) that shy based on years of horrible experiences with girls.

Good luck.

What Guys Said 3

• I'm also another guy who is almost 22, will be in 4 days from now, and I've never had a girlfriend, always been single.

• Look it happens sometimes. I've never had a girlfriend and sometimes I think I never will. I don't know why, I just know something will come along, just like it will for you, you just gotta be positive. Get out and meet people, and hopefully guys will see you as an amazing girl and be like, "wow your amazing" and hopefully they'll wanna go out with you. Plus it's easier for girls

• I'm almost 22 and never had a girlfriend, I probably never will.

• It hurts us guys more since most girls expect guys to make the first move, to initiate.

• I see what you mean and I'm sure you'll meet a girl soon, one that'll care for you just as you'll care for her

and thx for answering =)

• Yeah, most girls not make the first move or start talking to guys first, which is why it hurts me more

What Girls Said 3

• It's hard but be patient and be yourself. Be approachable and happy and confident! Guys like confidence and girls they can be relaxed with. Have fun and the right guy will come around. Just have patience...it sucks, I know! but you'll get the right guy when the time comes.

I've only had one boyfriend so I know how it feels...I feel kinda weird and know I'm different than other girls but I also know that I'll find the right guy when I'm ready.

• Yes, be yourself and happy with who you are and with your own life. Once you can do that just like the fairy tale, 'Penelope', love will find you.

• Well, I am much older than you but being a woman, I can tell you that you don't need to worry. Who cares when you have your first kiss? Its not a competition. Its about finding someone that you care enough about to kiss. Its going to happen eventually and right now it may seem like the wait is too long, but someday you will look back and think how very young you were. You have your whole life ahead of you and you will have plenty of kisses in your lifetime. Some of us date at a young age and some start later -- either way -- it has no bearing on how happy you will be in the end. Wait for the right guy -- he WILL come along. For now, work on your own happiness as you won't have that luxury forever as once you are married with kids, its going to about them and not you. So, find happiness in who you are now. Best wishes.

• It's not weird at all. Some girls just are weird about kissing guys. I happen to be one of those girls as well. My first was actually when I was this year and I'm 18. It wasn't all like romantic though. It was with my best friend. We got really drunk at a party and ended up making out. A word of advice don't get your first kiss that way. Its kind of a slap to the face lol. Your first should be great especially since you've waited as long as you have :]