Guys, If you were to contact an ex?

If you were to contact an ex after not speaking for months what would be YOUR reason?

Lonely?
MIss her?
Sex?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• depends upon the maturity level of the guy. Many times if a guy is lonely and knows an ex might be available, he gives it a try. sometimes is is about sex (for younger men - often). For more mature men, if they realized that what he had was better then he realized, he may try to contact an ex. If the man is mature, he will simply askher how she is doing and if she would like to get together for something safe (dinner, etc.) to catch up. If a spark remains, they both might find out. If an ex has contacted you, I would then ask, why are you wondering this? Are you thinking of seeing him? I would then say decide why and, if you think it is worth getting together, take it slow. Now for older men like myself, I keep in touch with many of my exes as friends. My wife does not mind because she knows they are friends. If, even for a second, one of the exes decided to see if there was more than friendship, I would back off. Of course, older men and women can handle friendships with exes, but for some, it can be dangerous.

What Guys Said 13

• Hahahahahaha Oh no, no, no - there is a reason it why it ended before the 2 month mark.

• I contact immediately after the breakup to try and mend things.

After that much time I would not contact her because I don't feel like being ignored, which is a stage which somehow always happens after 1-2weeks of contact with an ex.

• Sometimes it's just to catch up. If you have a breakup and after you recover you start to wonder "what's up with?" You have mutual friends, and interests. I'm friends with most of my ex's and we catch up periodically.

• I wouldn't contact her

• Still don't miss you... just thought you should know... *end transmission*

J/k! J/k! I simply *wouldn't* contact an ex

• yes.
    yes.
    yes.
    Also apology, try to understand what went wrong, etc. I've never tried to go through an ex for a new date, but I've known guys that did. I have also had exes who stayed friends that tried to set me up with their friends or family, but he contacted you.

If he isn't talking about EXACTLY how he screwed up or misstepped or some such, not just saying the words, but giving examples, then he's lonely, and/or wants sex.

• I've got too much pride to contact a ex after the relationship is over. In my eyes once it's over its over. But... If and only if I had 2 talk to her would be to see how she's been after all these years.

• None of them. Once and ex, always and ex

• I wouldn't do it.

• Eh all three or something different entirely. Seems very vague. Sorry.

• Miss her seems reasonable... for some reason.

• Any and/or all of the above.

• Most like I still loved her.