Should I eat on my date or would he think I'm a slob?

I'm fat I'm 5'5 and 190 pounds. I've been dieting and working out these past 2 months to lose the weight. At the gym I met a really nice guy and he asked me out on a date after we talked to each other for about a month. My date is next Saturday and I'm just wondering if I just shouldn't eat at all or just get a salad so he won't think I'm a fatass slob. I really want to impress him because I'm an ugly virgin and im awkward with guys. I'm 19 by the way.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's funny/cute when I take a girl out to eat, they look at the menu apprehensively and I always give them a warm smile "order whatever you want". Since she's worried about what to eat plus cost I know she won't get the most expensive item but I don't want her eating a $7.00 appetizer as I sitt there with a $25.00 plate of French food all to myself. I feel like she's no happy. One time a girl and I shares a small pizza I could tell she was still hungry and she told me to finish it. I slid it to her "no please you eat it I'm full".

Most Helpful Girl

• Every time someone tells you to eat, you just come back saying "he'll think I'm a fatass" so sure, starve yourself. Be a weak minded individual who can't wrap her head around the fact that he knows you're a human being and human beings are required to EAT.

• Then I'll eat a salad

What Guys Said 10

• Get what you want. Most menus nowadays keep calorie intake in mind and have how many calories each dish is, as well as dishes that are not salads, but meant to be low on calories.

Don't get so worked up on whether or not you're ugly or awkward. This guy has been talking and hanging out with you for about a month AND he decided you were interesting and pretty enough to ask on a date.

• Yeah but he might reject me if I eat like a fatass.

• Than that says more about the type of person he is than what it says about you. Again, most menus have sections for food that is low on calories, tastes great, and isn't a bowl of leaves. Hell, they even tell you how many calories your soda or iced tea is!

Play it cool, get something that you'll enjoy, but is reasonable, and watch your table manners. If you're still worried about, offer to share a meal! Menus support 1 for 2 dishes also!

• You'll give a worst impression if you don't eat. I mean, he's taking you to a restaurant to so you can both eat while talking, so he wants you to eat.
    He knows how your body looks like, and he likes it. He knows that you're not a slob cause you're going to the gym, which shows you wanna get healthier.
    Eat!

• Just don't eat like a slob then. I assume you can eat with a fork and knife like a regular person? If you can do that then you will be fine.

Guys don't care if you eat a pizza or a salad. Most guys don't care and don't judge like that. It's in the heads of girls.

And it can actually be the opposite. If you don't eat anything or just order a glass of water of something then guys might think you have an eating disorder or something. Just eat and stop worrying about it.

• I don't eat like a slob. I'm just worried I look like a fatass who doesn't care about what they eat. And I thought guys like girls with eating disorders since they like skinny girls?

• If you don't eat like a slob then you don't have to worry about looking like one.

And no. Most guys like healthy looking girls. So eating disorders would not be an attractive thing. And there in no "they" when it comes to liking things since you will find guys with vastly different preferences when it comes to girls.

Since this guy asked you out he obviously think you are fine the way you are.

• Eat. There is nothing more unattractive than a girl who doesn't eat or only eats a salad - especially if she then picks something from your plate.
    Eating good food means you can enjoy the pleasure lifes have to offer (including sex).

Though obviously don't exactly order the biggest steak or something - order something which is a medium and nice dish without being too much and you are fine.

• All my ex gf's were bigger girls and ate on dates when we went out
    i think you're being little too rough on yourself and sorry you feel so bad

• It's just that guys are judgmental toward fat women. It doesn't matter if we're putting effort into losing the weight or not.

• No, he likes you or wouldn't of asked you out.

• well salads are eaten traditionally...

also didn't he ask *you* out? maybe its time to take down this wall of "im an ugly fat virgin" and realize you may have a poor self image?

i mean even if what you're saying is somehow true this guy seems to like what you have going on so i guess do what you think would be normal on a date.

eating is normal on a date, by the way

• I'd say go with whatever he's eating or something similar.

• ... eh? What?

• The fact that he asked you means he doesn't mind your weight. Eating is the whole purpose of going

• Eating is a hugely social activity, and a lot of couples bond in the early stages of a relationship by eating out together (that's certainly how my current girlfriend and I got on). It would be wrong for you not to eat anything because then you'll just make him feel awkward; there's no point going to a restaurant and not eating anything! He certainly won't think you're a fat ass slob unless you order about nine different courses and eat them all yourself. Just get something that you think you'll enjoy eating, maybe joke and say it's your cheat meal or something, say you are trying to diet, then you never know, if he's on the ball he might say you are perfect just the way you are. It'll be fine, don't stress :)

What Girls Said 11

• 1. If you're hungry then yes of course eat, don't opt just for salad if you're not wanting a salad! You're dedicated to your diet, so don't eat anything that you wouldn't normally eat, stay true to yourself and don't worry about impressing him. If you ate or didn't it wouldn't come off weird x

• First of all get rid of this "ugly virgin " attitude.. that is what can make you unattractive.. and then you should eat whatever you feel like eating.. you will be a little nervous do I don't think you will be able to eat much anyway..

• But I am an ugly virgin. It's a miracle he likes me. I never mention my insecurities to him though.

• No you are not.. ok... and eat what you are in your daily routine.. of course you would have a diet plan if you are trying to lose weight.. just stick to it..

• No, you definitely eat something. Don't eat a salad because it reinforces the stereotype of women eating like rabbits to impress men.

• But if I eat a burger or steak he'll think I'm a fatass.

• No, he most certainly will not. If he does he's not a nice person anyway.

• Alright girl. EAT on your date. Guys always tell me they hate when they take a girl out on a date and they order a salad or eat like a bird when it's obvious they could or want to eat more. It's so unattractive because that's a sign the girl has low self esteem.

Be yourself, get a burger. I diet often but you are allowed to break your diet on special occasions.

• Yeah but he'll think I'm a fatass slob and no guy wants a fatass slob.

• No he won't. You're over thinking things, babe. He'll probably think you're a slob if you eat like Marlon Wayans from that scene on "White Chicks". I bet you're gorgeous. Now believe it before it's too late. You're young, you need to start living happy and confident.

• I'm far from gorgeous.

• Get something to eat, but stay in your diet! He knows your trying to lose weight so by eating the right things on your date he won't think your a fat slob! ☺️ Good luck

• Don't say you're ugly, you're beautiful in a way, God created you, don't let anyone tell you that, you are special because you're God's creatures , order whatever you want, if he doesn't like you for who you are, he wouldn't have asked you on a date, he should like you for you. don't worry beautiful

• I don't believe in god.

• Surely you must accept it if atheists, does not respect your or your religion then?

• @ShaeNielson

Let's not start a religious debate. Ok?

• You're allowed to eat! Just don't overdo it or eat messy. For example, don't burp, don't get food everywhere, etc, etc.

• But he'll think I'm a fatass who doesn't care about what they eat.

• Probably not true. It's equally important making sure you have enough food in you as making sure you don't have as much in you. Why on earth would someone take you to a restaurant and expect you not to eat?

• Just eat semi healthy, not diet destroying.
    But of course you should eat.

• Well he did ask you out so this shows that he likes you and doesn't think of you as a fat slob. Get what you want! You guys met at the gym, he knows you've started to take care of yourself :) Good luck on your date, I hope you'll have a great time :)

• Dont skip meals

• If you went out to eat with a girl, and she didn't order so you were the only one eating, don't you think that would be weird and kinda annoying?
    I know I wouldn't like it.

• No, I would think she's trying not to look fat. Guys don't like fat girls.

• I have said what "floats my boat" several times, and Im done now. Do what you want.

• Okay