Is saying that " I'm ugly" a turn off for girls?

I've always called my self ugly because I think I am. Will that keep girls from having interest in me?

Most Helpful Girl

• Why would you talk about your physical appearance?

Let them make their own perception of you.
    They may see you completely differently than you see yourself.

"We are our own worst critics".
    People have a say of judging themselves harshly.
    They notice flaws about themselves that usually aren't prevalent or others main focus.

Constantly downing yourself is a turn off.
    It shows you have a lack of self esteem.

How you feel about your looks should be kept to yourself.
    In my opinion, you are far from ugly.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it shows you have low self-worth and that is a massive turn off to women

What Girls Said 9

• Ummm are you joking? If that is your profile picture you are not ugly. You are actually kind of handsome. If you truly put yourself down you should stop. I think women would be interested in you no matter what you say, lol, but usually when someone puts themselves down it is not attractive.

• For me, it would, yeah. I don't really like guys that call themselves ugly (or girls that call themselves ugly) because I feel helpless to show them that I don't think that, and confidence is really attractive to me.

• Yes because it shows no self-respect of self-confidence. Most people don't have the time or patience to be with someone like that. All they do is whine constantly about their shortcomings, and then they do nothing but try to argue with you when you give them a genuine compliment. Can you spell B O R I N G and H E A D A C H E?

• Yes it can b a big turn off..

• It can be dissappointing. Noone is super duper hot but they try. But you give up just at the begining. Giving up is turn off.

• I honestly hate when I'm interested in someone and they put themselves down in front of me; I feel like they want me to feed their ego because I have the potential to since I'm interested in them, so I just don't respond.

• Its a turn off but not a deal breaker.
    by the way you are not ugly.

• You. Are. Not. Ugly.

• Your not ugly you are actually cute, very guapo!

What Guys Said 0