Why do I want a boyfriend so bad? I'm independent?

I've never had a boyfriend and I wasn't allowed to date. Guys were interested in me, lots of guys actually, but I never felt that I was super pretty or anything. I've been without a guy for all my life, I don't know why in getting those feelings now. My parents are controlling and think I'm not good enough even though I'm a good kid. I've closed myself to the guys that like me so I feel lonely. But I get such strong feelings to be cherished and thought beautiful... I don't know y. I wish the feelings would go away. Has anyone else felt like that and how did u work through it

Most Helpful Guy

• Well why not

• I want to have a healthy relationship where we can enjoy each other without being immature or dependent. Most of the guys I know are immature, and I want someone I can trust. There was only one guy that fit that, but I don't think I'll see him again.

• Desperateeee would be liking any guy who likes me. I've shut myself to all the guys and no one could guess I have feelings like I do. Except u gagers

• Desperateeeeeeeeee

Most Helpful Girl

• You have to learn how to feel complete with or without a guy in the pic. Dont get me wrong there's nothing with wanting a boyfriend. We all have our own wants & needs. But u dont need a guy to tell u that ur beautiful to feel beautiful. You should tell yourself that everyday. Also, tell yourself that even though u are single at the moment, it does not mean that u are bored lonely, empty or incomplete. Say it even if u dont feel that way. Say it until its true. Speak it & believe it. After things ended with this guy I dated I felt lonely. I started to tell myself that I am not lonely & ask God to take away that feeling away from me. It got taken away to the point where I was turning down guys who were quite attractive because I wanted to be alone for a while! I thought that was quite interesting how the tables turn. Now when u select a guy it won't be based on loneliness but its because u have a deep connection with him or because u get a good vibe from him & would like to know him more. Hope this make u feel better. All the best to u.

• Good advice. ☺️ I am not desperate even tho sometimes I feel like it

What Guys Said 2

• I don't know dude boys are gross

• Seriously😒

• Amanda seyfreid doesn't have boobs or butt and. She's like perfect😍

• She has cute little boobs and she has a decent butt with a gorgeous face. She's pretty. But Michael ealy has a perfect face and bod and he's flawless

• Hormones and animal instincts.

What Girls Said 1

• You probably feel that way since your parents might not be showing anything towards you. So having a boyfriend might fulfill that hole.

When someone is denied being cherished or wanted. It can make them feel extremely lonely.

• It's hard but I'm not desperate. But does feel like I can only rely on myself for my emotional needs. Trusting anyone else results in me getting hurt