Why can't there be real love at 15?

I've been together with my boyfriend for just over a year now... he's beautiful inside and out, and everytime I see him I get butterflies in my stomach... its not just me as the girl fantasizing about a life with him, but he sees it too... were both 15... we were best friends that became something a lot more... he loves me and I love him, there's no denying that... I just dont understand why people think that all teenagers have stupid puppy love... I hate stereotypes, and thats the only thing people judge me and him and us by... I love him... and im ready for any single thing that comes in our way... but why is this such a problem for people to understand?

Most Helpful Guy

• well the problem is not other your age but life itself. Once you're old enough to go to college or get a job life changes a lot. People move to new cities , gets a job with working hours that make it hard to have a relationship , both of you will meet new and probably more attractive people , you got to pay bills (probably the hardest part) etc etc

This makes it hard to have a relationship like you have now. Right now your parents pay for everything buy you everything. Plus you're in highschool you basically hangout with the same crowd. You don't have any of the "real world" problems. Once you get to the world things get a little bit more complicated.

AS much as your hormones say nothing is impossible as long as you two are together... the facts say other wise. There is a very low chance of highschool relationships lasting after highschool.

But this is just concerning america and some countries in the west. If you are from the east having a highschool relationship even after highschool is quite possible. Due to culture and different ways of living people , people tend to stay together longer (unless you're in japan)

Plus if you partner isn't overly independent about himself your relationship has a good chance of lasting longer...

but if the relationship makes you happy PLEASE GO AHEAD , don't think about the future..

Just don't get pregnant in highschool haha

• Oh god no, im waiting until marriage... and no, I pay for myself, my parents dont believe it or not... be both come from rather conservative households that choose not to spoil us like the rest of our generation... we both have jobs... I work for a fabric company through my moms buisiness, and he works at a restaurant, and yes, at 15

• good luck !

• thanks for mho !

What Guys Said 9

• Please realize that all the older people who are trying to advise you, were once your age. They have been through the same period of life. Most of them have experienced young love at 15, probably even younger. But they have lived way beyond that experience and found that for most people, meaning almost every one, that "young love" was not the real, lasting deal.

Stereotypes? Nope. Their experience tells them that what you are experiencing is most likely going to change within a few years. Your lives will change as you become adults, and you will likely change differently. Your "perfect" match will no longer be perfect. Enjoy what you have now, but do not believe that that it is unchangeable.

• There CAN BE a real connection that young. I know people who got together in highschool and are still together 16 years later.
    But that is uncommon.
    Teenagers, and I don't mean this to be cruel, just honest and blunt, are hormonal and needy. They look at each other, and either want to get in the other's pants, swoon with the idea that they are some long-destined love, or have no interest in each other. That is so common, over so many generations, that it seems a given.
    With that said! There is no reason to believe that you two are not the exception to that. There is no reason to believe that you two do NOT have a deep connection. You two COULD have real love at 15, and if you do, God bless you!
    But you are the exception. Not the rule.

• It's not that teenagers can't be in love, it's that they're too naive and often think they are in love when they aren't.

• I always thought young love, is love in its purest form
    Dont let the outside world, influence your relationship, what you have is good, and makes you feel great, keep going for it
    Its beautiful to share those feelings with somebody and them share it back

• Thank you so much... I love him more than anything in the world, and would do anything to make him happy... your one of the first to understand, thank you

• when you grow up, you will be faced with many challenges, but i urge you to just enjoy every moment with him, and not worry about the future, the future will figure itself out
      Just keep loving him <3

good luck

• It's not that it can't be real. It's just at your age and what you guys go through in life it can't really be tested. Lots of people end up marrying and growing old with their high school sweethearts. But most don't.

• Young relationship nvr last!! Its more of a "HIT N' QUIT". School boyz are at their most horniest stage of life 👌🏼

• There can be, but its rare that it lasts. You will see this when you get to be 25 or so. You will look back and see how much you have changed. How many couples can say they have been together since they were 15?

• Most kids don't know what love is yet. Hell, most adults don't even know what love is yet.

• When I was fifteen I thought I knew. Now I see how wrong I was

What Girls Said 11

• Love evolves as time goes on. You learn to depend on one another, to look towards one another for support and advice, and you make life decisions together. It's a process that's always happening, and you're just at the very beginning of all of that. That's all anyone means. Also, there are just certain events thatll test the depths of your love more than others earlier on in your life. Like losing/gaining cash and assets, pledging to marriage, losing someone close, miscarriages and pregnancies, lost promotions and life transitions, etc.

• Love is love. What you've told me is enough for me to believe you do love him. I get tons of people beating on me for saying my boyfriend and I love each other. If it isn't love, I don't know what is. There's no other word for it. It is love. Just because we're young doesn't mean we can't have feelings like this.

• Ikr... he is very serious about the relationship too, and we have plans for college and everything

• My boyfriend and I have talked about things like that. Not deeply but we have had some conversations. We're going to go to homecoming together (he's going to be a freshman and I'll be in eighth grade) and I couldn't imagine sharing anything like that with anyone else. He's the most perfect person my eyes see. I see his flaws as things that make him great. He couldn't be better. If that's not love, what is? Gosh, I could go on and on about him.

• Because your brains aren't fully mature yet, and you can have love, but it hasn't withstood the tests of life.
    Such as job college, and going through long distances.

• there can be real love at 15 but generally when you're young you're still trying to figure everything out and your judgement can be clouded.

• girl you do u i started dating my boyfriend at 15 nd i am now 17 and we are very happy together and you should be too. prove people wrong dear.

• That's lust you are feeling

• im in your same spot, just be happy and watch every jaw drop as you make a life with him.

• There can be real love at 15. I know a girl who started dating her boyfriend in 8th grade and now they both are 22/23 years old, engaged to be married next year. Good luck with your relationship! :)

• Because you are a teenager.
    You still have lot to develop. (Mentality).
    Still have a lot of maturing to do.

• I definitely think there can
    People will always be judgmental
    But those who care about you should be happy for you
    Don't worry about silly people, they clearly weren't lucky enough to experience young love themselves

• Love has no age.