Is it wrong to date a 12 year old?

I'm 14 but the guy I like is 12, he likes me 2 but I'm worried that it is wrong to be dating someone who is 2 almost 3 years younger than me becuase while I'm going into highschool he is going into middle school... What do u think?

• U should date him, age doesn't matter
  • Dating someone that young is wrong and immature

Most Helpful Guy

• I chose not to answer based on the vote cuz I don't think its wrong, but I do think it might be s bad idea. At your age... I can spit the crap bout being too young to date, but that's what salty ass old people say lol.
    Thing is though, he might be too young for you, only because you're going into high school, a lot is gonna change there and you two will likely be different people. Not to nention you'll be interacting with a whole other group of people and... You might end up hurting him...
    My advice is you remain friends with Jim till he's in high school then date, keep it up there it's something you wantbout of but I'd reserve naking the commitment.

Most Helpful Girl

• He's 12? What does a 12 year old boy and tween girl have in common. You'll be in high school soon, and I don't see how you can explain dating a 12 year old to your parents, his parents, or pretty much anyone else for that matter.

Just wait and talk to guys closer to you in age and maturity.

What Guys Said 8

• At your age, you should be thinking about your studies.

• You shouldn't be "dating" anyone let alone a 12 year old. The only date a 12 year old should be on is a play date. I mean, really, where were you going to have your "date"? In front of the TV watching Nickelodeon?

• I have no idea about the morality of this to be honest. But you should be aware that if you are still dating when you turn 16 and he is 13 or 14, there could be an issue with regard to the law there.
    Basically as you turn 16, you gain more responsibility and can be accountable if something goes wrong. So you are risking your livelihood and future prospects by putting your trust in a child who is protected by law and if he so chose could make your life awful if you did something that he did not like at all.
    At the moment it's nothing to worry about, just remember you are both kids and have a great deal to learn about each other and life in general.
    I wish you the best.

• He's barely just starting puberty, and women mature faster than guys, so there's an even bigger maturity gap. Also you dont want to do anything illegal if it is.

It also depends what you define as dating, if you're just hanging out, hugging, and holding hands, (basically playdate) then that's pretty harmless, but it should not go beyond that.

• at ur age i wouldn't

• Okay so you are 15 and he is 12 that fine LOVE IS LOVE. Love can start from anywhere from child to younger. But you should try to concentrate on your studies first. (don't mind things are things )

• My answer would greatly depend on what your interpretation of the word "dating" is.

• When I was 12, dating a 14 year old girls would have made me feel like a king, so go ahead.

What Girls Said 8

• oh man... a twelve years old is still a child... NOPE

• Dating someone who isn't even in their teens is wrong. Twelve years old is a child.

• who wants to start betting?

id give it 2 months.

• I up your bet to two weeks

• @justbanANNAz Well could go any way at that age so only prepared to squander 10c on the bet as you will probably win

• I remember that I was 12 (just about 13) when I lost my V card to a 35yo woman who was a very close girl friend of mine's mom lol

• You're at a time in your life when age really does matter. After 20 it starts to decline in importance, but there is a large difference between a 12-year-old and a 14-year-old. Maybe wait until you're both older.

• What? He is a baby ;O

• Yes!! You're too young to be dating anyway!! So yeah.

• I think u should wait for a while you are took young for dating.
    Hang on at this age u go through a lot many emotions.
    Wait till u get 16-17 then think of relationships

• The age gap is not a problem at all, but that fact that he's only 12 is worrying, he's still a kid.