I'm black but I like other races?

I'm black but I've always liked other races even when I was 3 I had a boyfriend who was white and so have my other few. I don't know how to feel about it because I feel bad because I don't find the guys my friends attractive well attractive but then again I can't help who I like. I just want to know from someone else's POV if that is racist or not. And no I don't think black guys are ugly or do I trash talk them I just tend to like other races.

Another question is I'm from the south so people talk trash about interacial relationships (its ridiculous I know) and I'm in high school so there are A LOT of shallow guys who laugh at the thought of dating a black girl. Are there many guys who aren't as shallow as they are in high school or do I have to deal with this until college?

Most Helpful Guy

• High School is a horrible place. I am Caucasian and I am attracted females of every race. I live in the north, and there were a few times where someone got made fun of for an inter-racial relationship. I was also made fun of once for talking to a girl who was black and almost ending up in a relationship by one person.
    I would say wait until you are out of there to start dating, but don't pass up an opportunity before then. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being attracted to another human being, regardless of how they look. The society we live in is so messed up right now, but you need to do what will make you happy!

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 3

• Racism is when you believe a race's existance is INFERIOR. You are NOT racist for having a physical preference. If anyone gives you crap about it, it's likely that they're just hurt that you just don't find them personally attractive.
    I'm mixed Asian & I find middle-eastern/dark or Slavic looking guys more attractive than other Asian guys. Why? It's just what I prefer.
    Believe me, I went through the same thing. There will be lots of guys who will be interested in you, no matter what your skin tone is. It just takes time finding the right one. When you travel more you'll see that there's guys of all cultures who like you for you.

• isn't that... normal?

• like I said I'm from the south so people aren't too open with it and expect you to date the race that you are and if you don't you're racist.

• You're not racist. Everyone has there preferences.

I'm not American but I live on the west coast (and have done for a few years). Interracial relationships are much more common and accepted this side of the US. People dont see it as unusual at all and you dont have to feel awkward or nervous about asking out another race, which is wonderful. I actually moved to the west coast because of this... I had the misfortune of growing up in a severely racist country and I decided I had enough of that. I just dont want to be a part of such stupidity. Moving was the best decision I ever made, to be honest