Girls, is height really that important & if yes, then why?

23

Most Helpful Girl

• An inch to a couple inches taller than me is doable if I like him a lot but even that is pushing it.
    Shorter than me is out of the question.

I'm 5'3" & he's 6'3 that's great.

The reasoning is biological. Taller (ie: bigger) men are more sought after because of protection & security
    Nowadays it's not so blantant or needed as much because we don't live like savages fighting for our lives everyday anymore but it's still hardwired in us.
    Any other reason given is either a sugar coat of what I said or not true.

What Girls Said 22

• Not really. As long as he's taller than me, it's awesome.

• Straight up no bs, yes it is.
    It's important because when you are taller than a girl, it gives you to a more masculine "alpha" appearance and generally, when you are taller than a girl and she can literally look up to you, it makes her feel protected and more like a girl.

• I like how someone down voted you but you really just told your opinion and the biological truth to height which is alpha

• It is, for me, a matter of preference. For a reason, having a tall boyfriend makes me feel protected and the tiny little girl being treasured.

ButI do not demand for a guy to be dreadfully tall. I am pretty short so I find most guys (and girls) to be taller than me. 1m65 can be as good as 1m80 if I like the dude.

• It isn't as important as guys think; girls will swear up and down that they need a certain height, but if the guy is good looking, treats her right, she'll forget about it. He basically needs to just not be below her height more often than not.

• Yes, im 5'4 . I would like a guy to be taller than me, anything above 5'4 but under 6ft. I dont want to be looking up in the sky. Then again im seeing a guy who is 6ft, i dont think about it too much, its pretty cute lol, he can reach for things i can't and he knows how to stand i. e a bit further back so i dont have to look up to see him.

• for me.. yes it is..

• I do like for the guy to be the same height or taller. It just feels right I guess, but its not a deal breaker

• I am 5'11'' and I do care about height.

• I thinks it's really stupid if a girl meets a great, nice guy. And then for some odd reason the height gets in the way, haha :/ but no it doesn't bother me at all

• Nope since I'm extremely short. :D

• I'm attracted to guys that are taller than me. I'm 5'5 so I'm not very tall. It's easy to find guys taller than me. Since I'm not tall it's awkward to be with a short guy and I want to feel protected.

• Yes, it is. I dont know many women who would literally date a short guy they might say they would but they wouldn't do it. But im sure their are some who would

• Height is really not that big of a deal to me.

• Well at 14 and 5'11 and sti growing its hard to find a taller guy i would love to have a taller boyfriend but even now my boyfriend who is a year older than me is shorter than me i think he likes it but i wish he was a bit taller

• i'm not yet 14 and i'm 5'8 so it would be for me

• I dont think so just lots of men find short women attractive

• i'm short 5"3 but if we're talking about height preference probs 6" - 6"3 no shorter
    I once liked a guy who was 6"6 current boyfriend 6"3

• Its not a deal breaker if the guy isn't 5'11 or over, but thats whats prefered. If the "Perfect " guy is only 5'8 i would deff over look it, but hight can overcompensate for lack of other qualities since hight is a very attractive feature.

• He should be taller in the ideal case. Visibly taller even if I wear heels is great. It makes me feel more womanly. But its also acceptable if he is even not as tall but his body still looks bigger than mine. if he looks fragile compared to me its a no-go for me. If he is at least a bit taller but looks fragile its more acceptable again..

• It depends. Not many girls was a guy who is shorter than her but, it all depends on the girl

• For me, yes. because if a guy is smaller than me it is a total turn off

• I'm short so it rarely is an issue for me, but having a guy my height or taller is preferable. That said I have dated shorter guys.