What should I do when my boyfriend ignores me?

He is a gamer (as am I, however I have my limits) and when he plays, he completely ignores me! We play together but once I get off and try to communicate with him, he completely ignores me. Should I just ignore him when I game to let him know how it feels? I've talked to him about this already, he's the type of guy to blame everything/one about every little flaw he has. His excuse for this is that he has a severe case of ADHD. I also feel like if I act a little uninterested, it'll make him interested again. (I believe that once you have someone, you lose interest. Or the thrill of the hunt) If not ignore him, what should I do? I've tried communicating about this with him several times, it gets better for a day or two, but it always ends up being the same way it was before.

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys are creatures of habit. We stop our training at the toilet and don't really finish that since we still leave the toilet seat up. The truth is, this is what you started dating, so you need to learn to work around it. Obviously he isn't interested in changing for you, so you need to start doing other things when he is focused. And when he finishes playing the game and you're out doing other things, hanging out with other people, I guarantee this will get his attention. My brother use to be a huge gamer, and I had to spend a lot of time convincing his girlfriend to not dump him. In the end, I told her to spend her time doing other things and ignore him. My brother would always wonder where she was and eventually, he stopped playing the game so much since she was always out doing something with her friends, or just by herself. She refused to come over if he was playing video games. I suggest the same for you with the exception that unless you're playing with him, you need to leave and give him the time and space he clearly has dedicated to the game. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful. My brother had to eventually join the military to get over that habit.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 3

• 0|0
  • This sounds like a case of familiarity breeding contempt... he is feeling very secure that he has you, it seems... has his 'condition' been diagnosed and if so, what treatment is he on?

Sounds like you both might just have very different interests

• That statements only true, if the person your chasing is really only worth a chase, as in, they're not actually right for you but you enjoy the chasing anyway. You were bored, essentially.

If you want to communicate with him, why not find a certain time of the day when you two are both available and not doing anything. Relationships work best with compromise.

If I'm playing vg's, that's MY time, not your time to scold

What Girls Said 2

• it takes time to him to adapt with the changes, just be patient and maybe try to be more creative, like specific time for game and you, just like me and my boyfriend do

• Ignore him back.