What does that mean when a guy says thanks? What do I do?

I really like this guy and last night it took all my courage to tell him that I thought that he was cute over text and he replied saying "thanks." Then he asked me "wyd" and we had a normal conversation and I have no idea what that means or what to think of that. I really really like this guy and that broke my heart. What does it mean? What do I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel like you backed him into a corner and he was doing the only thing he could think of: playing it off kool. It is quite possible that he does like you, since I would have reacted much differently if a girl had texted me what you texted him. More importantly, he messaged you for a continued conversation, possibly a future meat up. WYD what are you doing? You have nothing to worry about. You just threw in a live grenade into the room, so now you're going to have to see how he reacts to you. Guys do that all the time, it's sort of how we get a girls attention some times by telling them we're interested. So I should welcome you to the other side of the table, that you had the courage to do something like that. You're ahead of the girls since I don't personally know any girls who would tell a guy that without having the guy do it first.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, you gave him a compliment.
    He gladly accepted.
    People get complimented all of the time.
    You have to step it up a little bit and tell him you're interested in him.

• Realistically people get compliments all of the time.
      A woman told me I was beautiful the other day.
      It doesn't mean she wants to date me.
      (That's a huge conclusion to draw).
      You have to do a little more hun... to tell him know how you see him.

What Guys Said 1

• He was grateful. What's so confusing? Do you not say thanks to when you are grateful?

What Girls Said 2

• He might not know you like him, you simply told join that he was cute, you probably meant something else but what he understood was that he was cute that's it

• it means he knows the difference between i have a crush on you and your'e cute is. you might actually need to say you have a crush on him.