Need help! First boyfriend. Is this enough?

I just started a courtship for the first time with a nice, quiet guy who I've known for 4 years from youth group. We both decided not to kiss or be intimate with eachother until marriage (if we do get married). For you guys, is it hard to not be physical except for sitting next to eachother and holding hands? Do you think it's a struggle for him to keep hands off?

32

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that zero intimacy is a unrealistic joke. Now, I do have moral values and believe that sex should be save for after marriage. But I do not believe that you can go until marriage without at least kissing or hugging closely. People need to explore each others personalities, their compatibility, and their chemistry. What happens when you get married and realize he's terrible to kiss and if physically puts you off on how he kisses? How does he taste? Does he smell good or bad? How does his body react to yours when you to are holding each other? These questions are really important to ask yourself before you consider marrying someone. That's one of the many aspects of dating, is to find out who you are dating.

• Well We do sit close to each other, and he puts his arm around me. we also practice some Judo, which required very close contact. Honestly , I don't care if he's a good kisser or not. That's not the main focus in a marriage for me. Plus practice makes better.

• LDS? That's unfortunate

• It's not the easiest religion, but it's fine.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that's enough.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 1

• Okay I'm willing to wait for sex until marriage but not kissing either... that's not a relationship you guys are just friends.

• Interesting to hear. That's what a courtship is.

• I already figured it's old fashioned and like I said before, as long as he's following the same code and you guys can resist your urges then it's perfectly fine.

I wasn't saying courtship is towards a specific denomination, I was just asking what your denomination was. Me for example I'm Roman Catholic.

• Okay, thanks!

And I'm Lutheran and he's congregational. :)

What Girls Said 2

• I think if you stick to your morals you'll be okay, all though I'd be lying if I said you wouldn't get tempted everyone does after all just keep your beliefs in check.

• Oh my god! Just go for it and get physical. That's important in a relationship.