If you and your ex keep breaking up but getting back eventually is it meant to be or is it just destined to fail?

Me and my ex dated for 8 years in total have known each other for 10. In our 8 year realtionship we've broken up twice but gotten back togetther, our longest break up lasted 5 months when we broke up after 4 years and got back together wehere we dated for 4 years again but broke up. It's been almost a year since our breakup and lately we've been talking again and it feels like it did the last time we got back together. We didn't break up for major reasons we just sort of always drifted apart a bit, but ultimately I still love her and only picture her as the girl i'd want to marry. If we keep just gravitating back to each other is it meant to be or are we doomed to repeat the same steps as before. Why can't either of us just disappear from one another?

Most Helpful Girl

• This is something that happened with my previous relationship too. We're really in love and may get back together. All I can say is. The probability is that you both are truly in love with each other but you've small issues to solve. What you can do is after you get into a relationship with him again - you guys make a pact that whenever you feel like you guys are drifting apart - communicate more! Make a point to solve it out. And keep a balance between giving each other space and being close. DONT GIVE UP ON EACH OTHER!

What Girls Said 1

• It might be because you both are so used to each other. Its easier than starting something new with a different person. So with that being said I think you both just might be accustomed to one another. I'm not saying that there isn't any love there but I think it's more comfortability than anything else.

What Guys Said 1

• never understood y people keep breakin up more than twice and get back together (i've seen cases wid people breakin-up 5-6 times and yet they r still together)... kinda weird if u ask me, since i believe if u break-up more than twice then u r doomed... so now u r "borderlined" actually.