Opinions on a 15 year old girl dating a guy who is 18 almost 19?

Most Helpful Guy

• s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...1121a3b0c9.jpg

Even though it's just 4 years, not only is it illegal but you both are in two VERY different stages of your lives. You've just started puberty, as well as high school, while he is practically an adult who is about to face the real world.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't advise it. I'm 16 and this guy who is now 19, at the time i was 15 and he was 18, went on a date. we started talking again this summer, but it just wasn't working.
    For one thing: Even though we didn't have sex, it was still something he loved to discuss. If we actually went further, it might have happened and it would've been illegal.
    Another: we were facing two different major mile stones in our lives. He, being a college student, likes to go partying and drinking. Thats a time for him to spend single so he can enjoy his time. I'm 16. I have so many plans and events like junior prom, dances, wanting be able to bring him around my family without looking like a pedophile. This is a time for you to explore and grow, not to date someone who is going to want to enjoy the single life.
    You should try when you're of age so it's not against the law and you grow a little more.
    No matter your personality, being 15 is being 15. You are not mature enough for a relationship with an adult. You'll have mood swings you can't control and you need to experience high school like anyone else would- with growing pains.
    It may not be what you want to hear, but it's the truth. Dont make that type of commitment.

What Guys Said 11

• I think age gap is a bit wide personally.

• His futures over before it even began.

• It'd be normal in my country, but possibly illegal in yours.

• It is not uncommon where I am from - but as far as I know americans are a bit stiffer on that matter.

Generally no nudes so he doesn't get issues with childporn and rest is up to see if it works out or not.

• 16 is maybe more acceptable, since that's legal age (if you live in the U. S.) I was 16 when I completed 10th grade and turned 18 a month before I graduated high school; some of my classmates happened to be 19, and seniors dated sophomores all the time, so 16 & 19 isn't too odd as far as I figure.

• There is this unwritten rule about the minimum age of a girl a man dates
    So divide the guy's age by 2 and add 7. That is the youngest age of the girl the man should be dating. (applies only to boys above 14y/o)

• happened to me this year, dating alone is np hanging out maybe cuddling and even as far as making out nothing else until she's legal but u can continue to hang out an go out on dates an build on ur relationship

• Don't get caught.

• bad idea in my opinion

• It depends on his intentions. I would advise against it. 16 and 18 is a little better, is completely legal where I'm from.

If you want to pursue a relationship with till your 16.

• That sounds pretty fucking gross

What Girls Said 9

• I'd advise against it, largely due to the enormous gap in emotional maturity.

• I've dated a 19 year old when I was 15. It's a little alarming I it were my own daughter though. I think the biggest problem is the maturity difference, for me anyway. A 19 year old (stereotypically, I never did) parties, has sex and makes their own very bad decisions. A 15 year old doesn't even really know who they are yet.

• As long as they're not having sex, I think it's okay. A little strange though, why can't he find a girl his own age :/

• well, I don't actually think the age gap is too big but it's illegal so..

• Don't do anything sexual with him. You can get in big trouble if anyone finds out.

• He can get in big trouble if anyone finds out. The most she can get is put on lockdown by her parents. He can get put in lockdown in prison lol.

• THAT IS NOT CUTE. VERY ILLEGAL

• Well I am a 14 year old who is dating someone who just turned 18.
    And yeah it's a big difference when someone is over the age of consent dating someone under the age. But honestly me and my boyfriend aren't having sex and we don't plan to, so we think it's alright. I've asked this question before. Everyone told me that it's only bad if we're having sex.
    The thing that really matters is how your family feels.

• Why is everyone downvoting? I'm literally just repeating what over 20 people on THIS website told me -_-

• lol fam ur crazy so is ur boyfriend... ur 14 for fucking sake... go play with barbies... ur not ready for relationship or anything you get me fam?

• @elamn123456 Do you live under a rock? You type like you do. Don't know if you're new to the world or something, but it's actually very very normal for 9th graders to start dating. We are teenagers with raging hormones after all. If you're telling me that you were still in that "ew girls have cooties" phase and you were still playing with your action figures at the age of 14 then you're not a normal teenager

• Little bit of a gap for 15... but 25 and 29 is fine so sure

• It makes me think that he's a loser or has bad social skills or is praying on young girls to get laid because no one his age wants him/looks throught his bullshit