How much is too much contact with an ex when you are in a relationship?

I've been with my boyfriend for close to 2 years. We live together. He still calls, texts, and snapchats everyday with his ex. How much is too much? I try to be accepting, but instead I feel I am being made a fool. He cannot answer her in front of me, and has even ended phone calls with me to talk to her. He waits until I am out of town to hang out with her. When I question their behavior he says he loves me and they are just friends. He also calls me insecure and jealous for asking. Have I already answered my own question? Or should I take him at his word that this is completely legit?

I'm not sure what difference this makes, but she has her own boyfriend. I feel like she enjoys her position in this situation and goes out of her way to make me feel inadequate when his group of friends get together. He tells me to just be friends with her because she is such a great girl. If she was such a friend to him, I don't feel she would treat his girlfriend or anyone else he cares about in such a way.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm sorry to say it sounds like you're a rebound for him. That is far, FAR too much contact. That he would drop a call with you to talk to her tells you where his priorities lie.

Most Helpful Girl

• First off unless the broke up because they realize they were just friends in a relationship, there's no other excuse for them to be that close. I admire you for being so patient and understanding as I would not be. I believe ex's are ex's for a reason, and thats because they're the past, I know sometimes ex's talk but NOT everyday unless they're seeing each other. Ofcourse he can love you, but at the end of the day he's putting her before you. It's not like she's family so therefor there isn't any reason for them to really be communicating, of course don't be that girlfriend that tells him who and who he can't be mates with, but this is a bit over the top. I wouldn't appreciate it and neither should you. It's just plain disrespectful x

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• That's far too much contact. I hate to say it, but there's probably a likelihood that he's cheating on you with her. By calling you insecure and jealous he's trying to deflect the guilt onto you. Break it off with him.

• That is way too much i'd be bothered by it for sure! He's manipulative. Calling u jealous and insecure for a normal reaction!

• That's way too much.